What to do? Hmmmm...

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
KnowGood
No Longer Registered

What to do? Hmmmm...

Post by KnowGood » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:26 pm

I just posted up my DX-7 on craigslist for possible trade. Within minutes I had 3 fellows all contact me. Here is what they had offered:

•Wavestation EX
•Yamaha CS-1x
•Korg VC-10 (recently serviced) plus me contributing $400 CAN

I haven't played a CS-1x so I'm kind of intrigued by it. As for the Wavestaion, I would really like to add one to my set-up, but...
the classic look of the VC-10 and the fact that I want a vocoder has me leaning towards this end of the spectrum. The only thing is that I feel that is a lot of money for a one trick pony. I'm so lost as to what to do??? :?
Last edited by KnowGood on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neonlights84
Gear: Moog Minimoog Model D
Behringer DeepMind12
Novation UltraNova
Korg MS20 mini
Korg EMX-1
Band: Winter's Glow

Re: What to do? Hmmmm...

Post by Neonlights84 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:38 pm

KnowGood wrote:I just posted up my DX-7 on craigslist for possible trade. Within minutes I had 3 fellows all contact me. Here is what they had offered:

•Wavestation EX
•Yamaha CS-1x
•Korg VC-10 (recently serviced) plus me contributing $400

I haven't played a CS-1x so I'm kind of intrigued by it. As for the Wavestaion, I would really like to add one to my set-up, but...
the classic look of the VC-10 and the fact that I want a vocoder has me leaning towards this end of the spectrum. The only thing is that I feel that is a lot of money for a one trick pony. I'm so lost as to what to do??? :?
Yea, that's a pretty penny...but one trick pony or not, i've never even seen one of those. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and spend the cash.
Gear: Novation Ultranova, Korg Monotribe, Korg Electribe EMX-1, Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy, Lexicon MX200.

neandrewthal

Post by neandrewthal » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:39 pm

I's say go for the VC. Maybe it's a one trick pony, but vocoding is a neat trick. Plus it's a sex machine and is worth much more than a DX-7 plus $400.
What happens at fondue stays at fondue!

calyx93
Gear: PPG Wave 2.2, μWave (x2), Roland JP6+V-Synth+S-220, SCI P5+600, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K-3+K-3m, ARP Odyssey+Omni2, Emulator II+HD, Ensoniq Mirage.

Post by calyx93 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:55 pm

The Wavestation EX, for sure - it's complex enough to keep you busy for years and has a sound that nothing else can touch. Not knocking the VC-10, but there are better vocoders out there.
“I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:11 am

The EX got nice vocoder too..pity there's no audio input as in the A/D. The EX version is harder to find and really a classic..
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

KnowGood
No Longer Registered

Post by KnowGood » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:28 am

crystalmsc wrote:The EX got nice vocoder too..pity there's no audio input as in the A/D. The EX version is harder to find and really a classic..
The fellow with the EX backed out. :(

Anaki_Muon

Post by Anaki_Muon » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:56 pm

I love my Wavestation- but mostly I love the fact that it has audio inputs. You're better off that he backed out- get yourself a Wavestation A/D. In your place I'd be tempted by the Korg VC-10.
Korg MS20 & Wavestation A/D, Roland Juno 60 & Juno 106 & MKS50 & D110 & MC202, Ensoniq EPS, Yamaha FB01, SP07b, Casio CZ5000 & SK1, Alesis Micron, Cakewalk Z3ta+, Propellerhead Reason, Garriton Personal Orchestra