Reason 3 help/question....

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
psycodelick

Reason 3 help/question....

Post by psycodelick » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:42 pm

Can I put .wav into Reason? I can't figure out how to do that or what I need to create to put those in there. I am attempting to do my first remix and I have absolutely no idea what I am doing! If I could do most of it in reason - that would be great b/c I have not quite figured out rewire all the way yet to do this in acid pro.....any help would be welcome! Thank You :)[/color]

Kryptum

Post by Kryptum » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:15 pm

you can load .wav files with redrum,nn-19 and nn-xt

psycodelick

Post by psycodelick » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:20 pm

Kryptum wrote:you can load .wav files with redrum,nn-19 and nn-xt
I have tried those...do I need a combinator or something else added to those to make it work?

ff45t1z
Gear: KORG MicroKorg
Ensoniq ESQ-1
Yamaha DX-7
Yamaha TX81Z
Band: Restrukture

Post by ff45t1z » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:38 pm

I think you should go back and learn the basics yourself before coming here and wanting us to do it for you.
But to answer your question, you are completely off track.
Reason has no real support for playing backing tracks, ACID does, but then rewire is haphazard at best on alot of systems.
In Reason, you can use the NN19 or XT to play back long files. You can figure out how yourself, since I can't be bothered explaining the obvious, however this method will probably not work with rewire due to latency cutting off the very start of the file in play.
What you need to do, is use the 'export loop file' function in reason, then layer that in acid. you do this by using the L and R loop selectors in sequencer view ( from memory here. ) and then use that as an audio loop in ACID.
what exactly are you doing in this remix?
You can lay down long 'tracks' in Reason with the samplers, but it's faulty and often stupid at best. For short loops it can work well, getting off topic here, but in fact, if you export all your drum patterns as loops, then load them into the NNXT, then use the Matrix to control their pattern sequencing ( set to 1/2 and using hold notes { shift click for this. }) you can do some real cool pattern sequencing, as high resolution as you'd like to choose,
My Band, check us out, any feedback appreciated.

Gear List: Yamaha DX7, Yamaha TX81z, Ensoniq ESQ-M, Roland JX-3P, Korg MicroKORG, Akai S2000.

ff45t1z
Ensoniq ESQ-1
Yamaha DX-7
Yamaha TX81Z

Post by ff45t1z » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:39 pm

psycodelick wrote:
Kryptum wrote:you can load .wav files with redrum,nn-19 and nn-xt
I have tried those...do I need a combinator or something else added to those to make it work?
And also, please. Just work out reason for yourself please, you don't need a combinator for ANYTHING, it's just a tool for ease of use.

Gear List: Yamaha DX7, Yamaha TX81z, Ensoniq ESQ-M, Roland JX-3P, Korg MicroKORG, Akai S2000.

psycodelick

Post by psycodelick » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:04 pm

ff45t1z wrote:I think you should go back and learn the basics yourself before coming here and wanting us to do it for you.
But to answer your question, you are completely off track.
Reason has no real support for playing backing tracks, ACID does, but then rewire is haphazard at best on alot of systems.
In Reason, you can use the NN19 or XT to play back long files. You can figure out how yourself, since I can't be bothered explaining the obvious, however this method will probably not work with rewire due to latency cutting off the very start of the file in play.
What you need to do, is use the 'export loop file' function in reason, then layer that in acid. you do this by using the L and R loop selectors in sequencer view ( from memory here. ) and then use that as an audio loop in ACID.
what exactly are you doing in this remix?
You can lay down long 'tracks' in Reason with the samplers, but it's faulty and often stupid at best. For short loops it can work well, getting off topic here, but in fact, if you export all your drum patterns as loops, then load them into the NNXT, then use the Matrix to control their pattern sequencing ( set to 1/2 and using hold notes { shift click for this. }) you can do some real cool pattern sequencing, as high resolution as you'd like to choose,
well...thank you for making yourself feel better and make me feel like a complete loser....thank god no one was new to this and the knowledge just dropped out of the sky for you and BAM you knew all! really...LIKE I SAID.....I AM NEW TO THIS!!!!! AND I WAS TOLD THAT I CAN COME TO THIS FORUM AND ASK QUESTIONS! feel better? I hope so....

DX

Re: Reason 3 help/question....

Post by DX » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:23 pm

psycodelick wrote:Can I put .wav into Reason? ..................... I am attempting to do my first remix and I have absolutely no idea what I am doing! ........................ Thank You :)[/color]
I think what the other fellow means is you mustn't pretend to know lots of things starting from 0.
The goal is you read and read first the basics about waves handling, editors, etc. At music, There are lots and lots of things you ought to know. I don't pretend getting you upset. Sure.

What I mean is: try to know about basics first, It is not a one day job. Of course, ask for any doubt, but if you ask about ALL doubts, the work is very hard for us.

Think reason Doesn't handle audio files for remixing, as said before, just only can put them into both samplers or Redrum player. So if you want to do a song remix, it is better you work with an audio sequencer like Cubase or Pro Tools (for instance), and then, link it to Reason if you want for adding new sounds. Basically, reason is a sequencer of its own sounds, not external.

Regards.
DX
Roland Promars, E-mu EMAX and some other machines...

justinjbrown

Post by justinjbrown » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:22 am

...but to answer your question...these guys are right...the NN-XT has a drop down window and you can load .wav's there and set the key that you would like them on...then turn the release all the way up so that it plays your file for it's entire duration.

and dude...again...read the manual...it's under help on the menu bar.
www.opticecho.com/lostChord.html
"subvert normality, destroy, kill ALL hippies..."

ff45t1z
Ensoniq ESQ-1
Yamaha DX-7
Yamaha TX81Z

Post by ff45t1z » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:40 pm

psycodelick wrote: well...thank you for making yourself feel better and make me feel like a complete loser....thank god no one was new to this and the knowledge just dropped out of the sky for you and BAM you knew all! really...LIKE I SAID.....I AM NEW TO THIS!!!!! AND I WAS TOLD THAT I CAN COME TO THIS FORUM AND ASK QUESTIONS! feel better? I hope so....
Look, I understand you're new.
But really, Reason is NOT HARD to work out. I understand people are new to music production. But people tend to get a bit offended when they spent years learning how to do everything mostly by themselves and from their own research, and people come along asking us to do everything for them. If you simply messed around with the program some you could have answered your own question. Not to mention the fact that *I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION TOO*,
I appreciate that people are new to this, I was new once too. But the difference was, I just sat down and played around till it worked, and if not... I read the huge variety of online docs for it.
Forums tend to get offended when people come along, asking us to teach them to use their equipment. Reason is not a two minute job. I suggest you actually look at the program itself and learn how to use it yourself, because we will not be here to answer ALL your questions. If you just want to do a remix, and downloaded some torrents, do not come here asking us to do it for you every step of the way. It's that simple.
You surely must understand, that if you come here asking us the basic basic questions, we tend to get annoyed when it's things that you should have been able to work out yourself if you actually dug around in the program.

Tek

Post by Tek » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:08 pm

Propellerheds forums are the place to go.
Reason 6.5 and a bit of hardware.

psycodelick

Post by psycodelick » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:02 pm

ok, i understand what you all are saying, but i did read the manual (paper copy) and then used the help option on reason, go step by step on what it said to do and it still didn't work. i most definately don't want anyone to do this for me...i ran into a wall...one that i didn't know how to get around, so i went to the HELP <--- again the HELP forum to ask this question. jeez...i now know not to ask anyone anything on this forum. so i have learned reason BY MYSELF and only ask questions when i am ABSOLUTELY stuck on something and didn't want to ask on myspace because i didn't want this exact response to a serious question..but i did ask after i got my head bit off in here and got more help there anyway....i am not the stupid spammer who just asks question after question - thanks for not being judgemental about that...really.