Vermona DRM1 MKII?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Kwote

Vermona DRM1 MKII?

Post by Kwote » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:35 pm

http://vermona.com/en/produkte/drm/drm1.html

is the Vermona DRM1 MKII polyphonic? is it possible to sequence it without the 10 individual triggers option? how would i set up a polyphonic sequence?

pardon my ignorance. i'm new to sequencing.

thanks.

deadgobby

Post by deadgobby » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:58 am

I would call them up or email them and ask that question. I have not played with that product.
Gobby
There is users and power users. The users use only use the synth. The power users use every thing.

fOZf8

Post by fOZf8 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:02 am

Polyphonic in that you can play every single drum voice in it simultaneously, yes...polyphonic in that you could play say three of the same rim shots simultaneously after different pitcehs, er no. You COULD sequence em fast enough to near sound that way though.

The trigger buttons are just for random firing, or editing...they always push 127% velocity though. The Individual trigger inputs are an add-on, not necessary. Use midi and your good. I had mine set up so I could use my controller keyboard to trigger it, or my (now gone) TR-727.
Radio Electro(u)nique
Limbik Frequencies
---
Mindset Studio Music and Media
Mindsetstudios

Kwote

Post by Kwote » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:23 am

fOZf8 wrote:The Individual trigger inputs are an add-on, not necessary. Use midi and your good. I had mine set up so I could use my controller keyboard to trigger it, or my (now gone) TR-727.
so how would i set up a polyphonic sequence with midi then? any good and fairly inexpensive midi sequencers you could recommend?

phloem

Post by phloem » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:29 am

I sequenced mine with an Akai MPC. Any software sequencer will do fine though. There are probably lots of free software MIDI sequencers out there.

fOZf8

Post by fOZf8 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:55 am

err, yeah, that's a pretty broad topic to make a direct suggestion about without knowing you're preferences...at least for me it would be. Sequencers vary in so many ways, and everyone has their preferred style of interface. I guess in regards to affordable, the last I looked into it, the emu command stations were the biggest bang for the buck. They're pretty deep though, ie, almost TOO capable of too much, which I think is why many don't like them. I did though =]]
Radio Electro(u)nique
Limbik Frequencies
---
Mindset Studio Music and Media
Mindsetstudios

Kwote

Post by Kwote » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:29 pm

fOZf8 wrote:err, yeah, that's a pretty broad topic to make a direct suggestion about without knowing you're preferences...at least for me it would be. Sequencers vary in so many ways, and everyone has their preferred style of interface. I guess in regards to affordable, the last I looked into it, the emu command stations were the biggest bang for the buck. They're pretty deep though, ie, almost TOO capable of too much, which I think is why many don't like them. I did though =]]
yeah. sorry bout the generalities. i prefer hardware. i'll check out the e-mu. thanks for the help.