requesting ROLAND MC-80 UPDATE HELP ???

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Altitude
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Altitude » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:25 pm

do you still have that disk?

anton

Post by anton » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:48 pm

Altitude wrote:do you still have that disk?
sorry if you read my post again youll see i got that quote of another music site forum : it states he made a boot disk using dos commands !

Altitude
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Altitude » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:33 pm

Oops. Thats what i get for posting before my morning cup of coffee. Whats the link to that forum?

anton

Post by anton » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:28 pm

Altitude wrote:Oops. Thats what i get for posting before my morning cup of coffee. Whats the link to that forum?
sorry bout that, heres the link, its the 5th review down the page : http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi ... -80EX/10/1

thanks still pulling my hair out !!! :(

anton

Post by anton » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:38 pm

ive been in contact with roland uk : they havent the information to give me to update but gave me a number of a company called DELTATRONICS as they work with "older" machines, i rang them and they didnt have the information either but stated trying myself at updating the rom can destroy the original bios in the mc-80 ???

so im back to square 1, i got an alesis MMT8 that syncs the 909, korg ea-1 and es-1 but 8 tracks aint enough for recording from the juno 2, jp-8000, bass station and a jv-2080, js-30 as well, hence the purchase of the MC-80 (16 tracks)

The mc-80 records anything i play but wont sync the 909 or the 2 korgs so it neccesary to have the sync functioning !

ive been on mc-80 review sites from the us and its clear updating has been successful in fixing the initial sync problem ( ver 1.10 updated to 1.15)

is it possible to use the mc-80 with the mmt8, i could use a software sequencer but im accustomed to hardware production and performance- gives a live feel to the music!!!

losing my patience...

Altitude
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Altitude » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:17 pm

You know, reading the reviews of that thing on the link you posted, it really looks like its a piece of junk. Sell it and just buy a used MPC2K

anton

Post by anton » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:27 pm

Altitude wrote:You know, reading the reviews of that thing on the link you posted, it really looks like its a piece of junk. Sell it and just buy a used MPC2K
isnt that avoiding the issue ???
its a brill machine for recording over midi ! the problem lies in the midi sync as the master - from the posts on that site its evident the users fixed the sync problem with an update !!!

Vxster

Post by Vxster » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:33 pm

anton wrote:
Altitude wrote:You know, reading the reviews of that thing on the link you posted, it really looks like its a piece of junk. Sell it and just buy a used MPC2K
isnt that avoiding the issue ???
its a brill machine for recording over midi ! the problem lies in the midi sync as the master - from the posts on that site its evident the users fixed the sync problem with an update !!!
Blimey, wish I could help more but my experience lies with older MC machines. I really can't understand what is going on but it seems to be that whatever is happening with the disk, the boot loader part is not working.

I really hope someone else on here can help out.

Altitude
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Altitude » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:07 pm

Hey, if your really that intent on keeping it then just send it in to get it updated.

anton

Post by anton » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:49 am

ermmmmmmmmmm im back !
been busy in the last year but i still need this !!!!

help anyone :oops:

ampsynth

Re:

Post by ampsynth » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:35 am

Vxster wrote:I had a look around for you but either the update wasn't there or the link was broken. However, the place I did find it was on the Danish Roland site:

http://www.roland.dk/Drivers/pages/updates.html
Following that link yields no file to download all these years later. Roland US and UK don't have it either.

Does anybody else have an idea where to find this update for the Roland MC-80?

Yekuku
Gear: dk'tronics speech synthesizer :P

Re: requesting ROLAND MC-80 UPDATE HELP ???

Post by Yekuku » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:43 am

It is all about sharing...