Moog Rogue trouble...

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
mydoormatface

Moog Rogue trouble...

Post by mydoormatface » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:04 am

Hey all, I am the proud owner of a moog rogue. I've had no real problems up to this date (other than some minor power source issues) but today I was playing around and realized that it when I have the decay on, as each note rings out it detunes, getting lower. I've checked the settings and nothing is in a place where this would happen...could there be something I am missing? something that could be stuck? any way to fix this? Thanks for any help.

Maschinengeist
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Multimeter
Frequency Counter
Oscilloscope
Signal Generator
Logic Probe
and more stuff
Band: Cybernetik

Post by Maschinengeist » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:53 am

Please consult the service manual here: http://www.emusic-diy.org/MoogManuals#h ... 2f2c21f9bc

Grab yourself a multimeter and recalibrate the Rogue. Otherwise, it's a component problem. But I'd go with the recalibration first.

Good luck
-------------------------------------------------------------------
MuzikElektronix.com
Music electronics repair & More
Help? See TechZone
Parts? email!
Service Manuals?+/-2000 documents!
Sorry, they aren't free
Now on FACEBOOK: "Muzik Elektronix"

Bross

Post by Bross » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:18 pm

With a medium decay time and "Sustain" set to "Out," does changing the VCA from "Contour" to "Keyed" change the detuning amount?

Now with the VCA in keyed mode and a medium filter cutoff, does turning up the "Amt" slider in the filter section increase the detuning?