trying to find/buy a monomachine (SFX60), need your help!

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood

trying to find/buy a monomachine (SFX60), need your help!

Post by killedaway » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:55 pm

well, i'm crushed.

i've had a monomachine (the desktop model, SFX60) on preorder with Novamusik for exactly one month today. after being told 12 days ago that they'd have them in "about 7-10 days", i e-mailed them one more time. now they say it's gonna be "4-5 WEEKS"!!

the worst part is that when i preordered with NM, the dang thing was in-stock at Analog Haven, but since NM had helped me out in the past, i decided to be a swell guy and wait, in order to give them my business. that sorta bit me in the keister, as it were, since AH is now out of stock.

i understand Elektron's current situation regarding the loss of one of their founders, and perhaps that's why they're being delayed. it's definitely a real shame and i hope everything works out for all involved.

BUT -- i still need a MM. Robotspeak might have them in-stock, but they're pricey as it is. further still, i'll have to pay shipping (which is okay), but on top of that, they're in my state, so i've got a bunch of tax piled on. that's pretty much a no-go.

so... does anyone have any leads? i already tried Ebay and there hasn't been any on in weeks. i'm hoping for a new unit, shipped for about $1300-1350.

thanks for any help any of you can offer!

KLAXON

Post by KLAXON » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:30 pm

You might want to email or call over to bigcitymusic to check availability, but it looks like they have them in stock. I have never bought anything from them before, but I know people who have and they have been satisfied.
.....i have some things that create and sculpt sound.

presets
No Longer Registered

Post by presets » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:16 am

someone posted one for sale on the elektron forum. you might want to hurry and message him though

killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood

Post by killedaway » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:33 am

thanks you two!

i'm gonna give BCM a call/e-mail and find out if it is indeed, in stock. as for the Elektron forum guy, i'm just not sure about sending $1000+ to someone without a lot of references (or even much activity on that forum). thanks though!

presets
No Longer Registered

Post by presets » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:31 am

understandable. i was able to find a mm on here from someone with little activity but i lucked out on finding someone honest.