LAPTOP AS MIDI CONTROLLER FOR BASS STATION?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
deathbytelevision

LAPTOP AS MIDI CONTROLLER FOR BASS STATION?

Post by deathbytelevision » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:04 pm

is it possible for me to use my laptop and software to (midi) control a bass station without playing it?

or do i need something else to control it?

cos i am a one man band (www.myspace.com/deathbytv), i make weird music on gameboys, guitar and synths and software but i do not have someone to play the bass station! so can i use my laptop to, in effect play it for me?

if so, can you recommend any software?
if not, can you tell me how i can tell it to play preset patterns while i play guitar?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. sorry im only 16 im a bit of a rookie in the world of synths/midi control etc

ficusrock
Gear: Access Virus TI, NI Maschine

deathbytelevision

Post by ficusrock » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:10 am

My girlfriend wants to know if your band has t-shirts.

Synthaholic
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Motif XS6, TX802, D-550, A6

Post by Synthaholic » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:20 am

Yes you can use a laptop. You'll need a MIDI interface on your laptop (USB is the easiest way to do this). Then some sort of sequencing software like FL Studio, Pro Tools, Cubase, whatever floats your boat.

You can use a keyboard controller (or one of your keyboard synths w/MIDI out) to "play" music into the laptop sequencer and then send it to your bass station.

What other synths do you have? If you have a workstation w/built in sequencer you can use that instead of a lappy as well.
Two VCO: thanks to the push rods, one can choose several forms of waves at the same time!
(from a Babelfish translation of a Jupiter-6 site)

Yamaha: Motif XS6, TX802 Roland: D-550 Alesis: A6 Andromeda

deathbytelevision

Re: deathbytelevision

Post by deathbytelevision » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:12 pm

ficusrock wrote:My girlfriend wants to know if your band has t-shirts.
i get people to make their own if they ask that question

deathbytelevision

Post by deathbytelevision » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:15 pm

Synthaholic wrote:Yes you can use a laptop. You'll need a MIDI interface on your laptop (USB is the easiest way to do this). Then some sort of sequencing software like FL Studio, Pro Tools, Cubase, whatever floats your boat.

You can use a keyboard controller (or one of your keyboard synths w/MIDI out) to "play" music into the laptop sequencer and then send it to your bass station.

What other synths do you have? If you have a workstation w/built in sequencer you can use that instead of a lappy as well.
i dont. just a bass station and a gameboy and a guitar. and a macbook

but thanks for the help i know what to do now!!