SQ80 sliders

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
adsr

SQ80 sliders

Post by adsr » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:43 pm

i bought my Ensoniq SQ80 without slider caps. the volume is alway up, so thats never a problem, but i am getting tired of pushing the little data buttons up and down to get things done. the slider is intact and works, i am just looking for the slider cap. any idea who sells slider caps for the SQ80? i am not having very much luck online (Syntaur has a s**t-load of parts, just no sliders). is there a simple replacement that may work instead of an original cap? i would appreciate any leads. thanks...

in hindsight, this should probably be in HELP!...please feel free to move it...
Micron - MMT8 - AX60 - MPC2000 - MPC500 - S2800 - CZ3000 - SK1 (x2) - SQ80 - EA1 - ER1 - mK - Poly 800 II - BSR - Alpha Juno2 - JV1010 - TR505 - MicroQ - DX21 - RT123

calyx93
Gear: PPG Wave 2.2, μWave (x2), Roland JP6+V-Synth+S-220, SCI P5+600, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K-3+K-3m, ARP Odyssey+Omni2, Emulator II+HD, Ensoniq Mirage.

Post by calyx93 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:45 pm

You could probably make them yourself with some Sculpey, Fimo or other polymer clay - sculpting it into a little "chiclet" shape then creating a small slit on the bottom for the slider shaft. It might take half an hour of time, and you could choose a custom color too.

Just an idea.
“I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud