waldorf micro Q lite owner needs help!

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Factory all stars
Gear: ms 20 mini ,sq1,,tr33, Gibson 330,Gibson sg,fender deluxe reverb vermona mono lancet,melodica,various and copious effects pedals,jx3p
Band: Stockholme Syndrome

waldorf micro Q lite owner needs help!

Post by Factory all stars » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:31 pm

any Q users got ant tips on how to programme this thing other than read the manual and tweak it?I'm afraid being a hard workin father of two i dont have the time and to be honest skill to get the desired sound i'm seeking. Sometimes when turnin knobs ,nothing happens at all.could it be broke or maybe i'm missing something out about analog[VA]synthesis.The sounds i'm after are classic 80s.I now know its never gonna be the warmest of synths so am thinkin of gettin a moog LP to compliment it so maybe evolving wave type pads may be what its best at. I'm influenced by new order,acid house/electro and ambience.CHEERS

waveterm
Gear: A lot more than you

Post by waveterm » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:57 pm

Well......you know....the Q and micro-Q isn´t the easisest synths to program.

I don´t think there is anything wrong with your micro.

You should get something else, something simpler, more hands on, less menydriven.

Something like a :

Nordlead 1 or 2

Roland Juno-106

I have a Q and it is amazing to program sounds on but, it is very complex and you really need to have the time and the knwoledge to get the most out of it.

Hth

WT
Just a guy with a bunch of blue things.......now, move on !

GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:37 pm

You could also download patches off the Waldorf website and use them.[/quote]
virb.com/ookpikk

WDW

Post by WDW » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:37 pm

["M]icro-Q [L]ite owner needs help"... This is a HELP topic.

WD

Jack Spider
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Gear: -
Bit One
Boss DR-220
Boss DR-660
DSI Mono Evolver Keyboard
Korg LP-10
Roland XP-50
Yamaha QX21

Post by Jack Spider » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:43 pm

Probably not what you want to hear, but I would strongly recommend putting a little time aside to reading through the manual - you don't have to read it one sitting, just plonk it down next to you and gradually work through it whenever you play.

The manual can only teach you how to operate your synth, not how to program it but when you know your way around it, it'll make the task of programming it so much easier. Then, you'll be able to apply many of the techniques discussed on these forums to use!

There's no 'quick' crash course for these things sadly, but you'll find it very rewarding once things start clicking!
I didn't get where I am today by posting on internet forums.
http://www.myspace.com/thegreenalsatian
http://www.soundclick.com/greenalsatian

sequence

Post by sequence » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:27 am

As a former Q owner, my advice is to ditch that 'dorf (they're getting top $$ now) and get a Phatty and a Mobius sequencer :) Then, maybe y'll get lucky and find a refurb'ed Ensoniq FiZmO for those "evolving wave type pads" U soooo desire :shock: :D :lol: It's much more fun to program a Fizzy than a Q. 8)
twentyfirst century fizMO man

adsr

Post by adsr » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:01 am

Jack Spider wrote:Probably not what you want to hear, but I would strongly recommend putting a little time aside to reading through the manual...........There's no 'quick' crash course for these things sadly, but you'll find it very rewarding once things start clicking!
very true. its VERY menu driven, but its really not very difficult and, once you get the hang of it, its pretty easy to get around.

and, for the record, i find the Q to be one of the warmest sounding VAs i have ever played.
Micron - MMT8 - AX60 - MPC2000 - MPC500 - S2800 - CZ3000 - SK1 (x2) - SQ80 - EA1 - ER1 - mK - Poly 800 II - BSR - Alpha Juno2 - JV1010 - TR505 - MicroQ - DX21 - RT123

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:23 pm

Hopefully something like this might help:
http://www.psrsoftware.com/mQEdit/index.html
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Altitude
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Altitude » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:25 pm

crystalmsc wrote:Hopefully something like this might help: