Moog Rogue CV problems

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Meso
Gear: Roland MV-8800, DSI MEK, Novation KS-4, Waldorf µwave XT, FutureRetro Revolution

Moog Rogue CV problems

Post by Meso » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:21 pm

Hi
I am having some problems sequencing my Rogue through CV,
I am using a FR Revolution as a sequencer and midi->cv converter
and when i play a note on the rogue through CV it doesn't play the correct note, but when i disconnect the CV jack and play it via its own keyboard it plays correctly,
am I missing something here, both use the volt/oct standard, right?

Bross

Post by Bross » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:52 pm

Go through the Rogue calibration procedure and make sure the Rogue CV out is 0V for low F and 2.58V for high C.

I haven't used an FR Revolution but it may be putting out 0V for midi C0 instead of an F. The manual online doesn't specify. A volts/oct standard only indicated that the scale matches, e.g. an octave on the Revolution is an octave on the Rogue. It won't necessarily mean F=F. You probably need to do some transposing on your controller, Revolution, or Rogue.

By the way, looking at the Revolution manual I don't think you can use that gate signal with the Rogue because the Rogue uses an S-Trigger gate.

Meso
Gear: Roland MV-8800, DSI MEK, Novation KS-4, Waldorf µwave XT, FutureRetro Revolution

Post by Meso » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:03 pm

Thanks for the reply Bross

I will check out the service manual about calibration,
and regarding the s-trig it worked fine together other than the pitch was not correct,
although I had to have the trig jack half way in on the rogue to work correctly.

Bross

Post by Bross » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:40 pm

I forgot the Rogue has V-trig on the gate jack also.