How to make a fat filter with DSI PolyEvolver??

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
electronique

How to make a fat filter with DSI PolyEvolver??

Post by electronique » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:30 am

So I purchased a DSI PolyEvolver Rack a few weeks ago.. Just been going through presets as Ive had no time.. But tried to make/edit a few patches...

Im somewhat disappointed with the filters...!!!

I know Im probably doing something wrong... All I have is 2-pole and 4-pole. Cutoff and Frequency seem quite weak... Im used to tweaking these things and getting DEEP sub bass through to ear piercing highs!!!!

Who can give me a good guideline on how to make a bass batch with a phat filter.....

:?
Sonar 7 | M-Audio Delta1010 | Tascam US2400 | DSI PolyEvolver Rack | Akai S612 | Roland V-Synth XT | Roland D110 | Akai MPC1000 (soon!!)

xpander
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: UltraProteus, Xpander, 200e, Minimoogs, Radias, Prophet VS, PolyEvolver, Arp 2600

Post by xpander » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:08 am

welcome to the polyevolver!

it doesn't sound stereotypically analog.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:05 pm

Have a read of this, then download the definitive guide to the Evolver from the link on Carbon's page.

http://www.carbon111.com/evolver.html

But yeah, the Evolver isn't the best synth for fat bass patches.

electronique

Post by electronique » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:06 pm

xpander wrote:welcome to the polyevolver!

it doesn't sound stereotypically analog.
Yeah look. I was well aware of that before I made the purchse, due to the mammoth amount of support on the net..
But. I thought I couldnt at least do this.. I found one patch browsing one day.. But forget which one!! :P

Stab Frenzy wrote:Have a read of this, then download the definitive guide to the Evolver from the link on Carbon's page.

http://www.carbon111.com/evolver.html

But yeah, the Evolver isn't the best synth for fat bass patches.
Thanks.. This is really great
Sonar 7 | M-Audio Delta1010 | Tascam US2400 | DSI PolyEvolver Rack | Akai S612 | Roland V-Synth XT | Roland D110 | Akai MPC1000 (soon!!)