Newbie MS2000 ARP issue

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
SteveW

Newbie MS2000 ARP issue

Post by SteveW » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:26 am

Hi everyone, Ive been coming to this site for a while (making a shopping list) and must say i have enjoyed watching allot of your videos and listening to your demos.
Well Santa has been a top bloke this Christmas and I am now the proud owner of my first synth a MS2000. After playing with it and getting my KP2 to work as a midi controller I started having a go at doing something with the apreggiator. However i just cannot seem to get it to work, I have the instruction manual and Ive looked on Google, I have also called in the assistance of Mr Irwin over the phone last night.
If i am correct i should be able to use the 16 buttons on the arp to program some nice synth basslines, however after many hours of playing I just cannot get it to work.

Could one of you please point me in the right direction??

Thanks so much, hope you all had as good as Christmas as i had.

Steve Wright

realpolitik

Post by realpolitik » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:32 am

use the mod sequencer.
Yamaha Motif XS8, Yamaha TX81z, MIDInes

Yoozer
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Yoozer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:48 pm

If the arpeggiator just doesn't work, it may be that the previous owner (if that was the case) has set the MIDI Clock signal to External. Since you have nothing plugged in that sends a clock signal, the arp may not run because of that.

Solution: set MIDI clock to internal. It means you have to adjust the tempo on the MS2000 itself; once you start working with computers or hardware sequencers which send out data for more synthesizers, using that as a clock is recommended so everything runs in sync.
"Part of an instrument is what it can do, and part of it is what you do to it" - Suzanne Ciani, 197x.

stephen
Gear: Laptop
House Brick
Renoise
Loomer Aspect
FM8

Re: Newbie MS2000 ARP issue

Post by stephen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:56 pm

SteveW wrote:Hi everyone, Ive been coming to this site for a while (making a shopping list) and must say i have enjoyed watching allot of your videos and listening to your demos.
Well Santa has been a top bloke this Christmas and I am now the proud owner of my first synth a MS2000. After playing with it and getting my KP2 to work as a midi controller I started having a go at doing something with the apreggiator. However i just cannot seem to get it to work, I have the instruction manual and Ive looked on Google, I have also called in the assistance of Mr Irwin over the phone last night.
If i am correct i should be able to use the 16 buttons on the arp to program some nice synth basslines, however after many hours of playing I just cannot get it to work.

Could one of you please point me in the right direction??

Thanks so much, hope you all had as good as Christmas as i had.

Steve Wright
Umm, that would be me :)

Welcome to the forum Mr Wright, let me know how you get on. If I have an MS2000 in front of me we could fix it, but unfortunately I don't have one!!
Stephen(2)

SteveW

Post by SteveW » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:26 pm

Yoozer wrote:If the arpeggiator just doesn't work, it may be that the previous owner (if that was the case) has set the MIDI Clock signal to External. Since you have nothing plugged in that sends a clock signal, the arp may not run because of that.

Solution: set MIDI clock to internal. It means you have to adjust the tempo on the MS2000 itself; once you start working with computers or hardware sequencers which send out data for more synthesizers, using that as a clock is recommended so everything runs in sync.
Thats what the issue was thanks so much, as soon as i changed that setting the tempo started flashing and all was well.

Thanks Again!!

:o)

stephen
Gear: Laptop
House Brick
Renoise
Loomer Aspect
FM8

Post by stephen » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:43 am

Yay, glad you got sorted. Don't forget to send some demos when you get cracking on with it .
Stephen(2)

caligari

Post by caligari » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:53 am

Nice - glad you were able to fix the problem.

That always seems to be the case, something so simple that we overlook it for hours. And it is usually a MIDI setting too!!!!

Let us know how you like it, always wanted one, and be sure to let us here your basslines.
Current Rig : Mac G5, MOTU 828 mkII, Moog Minimoog, Arp Axxe, Korg Poly 61m, Korg Poly-800, Korg Microkorg, Ensoniq ESQ 1, SQ-80, EPS sampler, DX-27, DX-7, Rx-5 drum machine, Alesis HR-16, Boss Dr-55, Synare, PAIA 9700 system, Roland MKS-100,