MIDI to CV for a medium setup.

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
bionary

MIDI to CV for a medium setup.

Post by bionary » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:52 am

I have a medium analog setup ( Roland MC-202, SH-101, SH-01, Korg X-911, and a Moog MultiMoog). In the past I've just played them by hand (then sampled) or used the MIDI to CV on my Novation Super BassStation. I really want to get them all running together and have as much control over them as possible. Some of them have CV in to the filter and things like that that I've never really bothered to use but I want to get as much out of them as possible. I would like to do stuff like Vince Clarke does with the clocked filter sweeps in perfect timing with the sequence. Could anyone offer advice on what MIDI to CV devices I should look at? Thanks.

Altitude
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Altitude » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:26 pm

A Kenton pro 2000 should suit you perfectly. Just make sure each device is scaled and triggered correctly since the Roland and Moog will have different requirements. You may also want to look into moding the 202 to get proper CV control of the tone generator since the way it was built, the CV in would be quantized by the processor and would work quite right.

cykong has a very good site detailing all the mods, but just the CV in would be adequate

http://www.cykong.com/Synths/Roland%20M ... MC-202.htm

xpander
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: UltraProteus, Xpander, 200e, Minimoogs, Radias, Prophet VS, PolyEvolver, Arp 2600

Post by xpander » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:00 pm

i use the Pro-2000 for my monologs, very easy to setup for any synthesizer. as long as you have an open CV out from your P2000 (or any midi-cv box) and filter cv input on your synth, you will have filter control, too. also consider using the MIDI-CV to control an analog module to control the filter if you want something more distinctly modular.

if you want to really go Vince Clarke style, you would use an analog sequencer.

daddio

Post by daddio » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:18 pm

Have a look at the Future Retro Mobius:
http://www.future-retro.com/MOBIUS.html

elphcoil

Post by elphcoil » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:48 pm

i own 2 of the mobius units myself and i've been very happy with them. kenton is more or less the de facto standard so you won't be disappointed with them either.
MV-8000, juno-106, vp-330, mks-7, mks-30, mc-202, pro-one, cs-5, dx-7, 770, k2000rs, pulse+, k-station rack, evolver, chroma polaris, filterbank2, drumfire, revolution, mobius, 565T, srv-3030d, rnc-1773, 1591a, vc1-q, 266xl, kaosspad2, and alienator.