Importing synths from the US into sweden (or EU in general)

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Cirrus Winery

Post by Cirrus Winery » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:14 pm

SickMonkey wrote:Yeah, after a bit of reading I've come to the same conclusion, ie anything manufactured before 2006 is still ok to import. Got a bit worried there, for a moment.

On a practical note, though: Do customs REALLY bother to check peoples privately purchased boutique pedals and modular synth components? Has anyone actually gotten "caught"?
I don't know anyone in sweden who has. I checked with some synth boards and there's no mention of the RoHS whatsoever. I'm actually starting to think that sweden has no actually "applied" the directive (if that's even possible). I find three people with dotcom modulars and absolutely no mention of the RoHS or any trouble with it at all.

Escobar

Post by Escobar » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:29 pm

Most of my gears are imported from US or EU country, and I never had any problem with RoHS compliant. As SickMonkey said: "anything manufactured before 2006 is ok to import". I bought my Emulator II and both Emax from US and I didn't have any problem with it, though I had to pay custom fees 25% for them but what could I do? :wink:
From another EU country you can buy stuff for up to €200.00 without paying any taxes, everything more than that, taxes applies.
Roland MKS-70 | Roland SuperJX | Roland S-770 | Roland S-50 | Roland MC-500 | Roland TR-505 | Emulator III rack | Emulator II+HD | Emax HD rack | Emax Kb | Prophet 2002 | Yamaha TQ-5