planning a modular with theremin control

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Cybananna

planning a modular with theremin control

Post by Cybananna » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:33 am

I'm planning a modular set up. I'm looking at Doepfer mostly (mostly based on price, and I don't want DIY, no available time for that). Since discovering the theremin and optical control modules, I want to base the system around those controls.

I already have a Moog CP-251, mooger filter, ringmod, and phaser. That covers a lot of stuff. LFO's, S/H, noise, multiples, CV mixer, attenuators, filter, ring, etc.

Honestly, soundwise, i'm not looking for anything in particular. I already have plenty of synths to cover most bases. I'm looking for a new way of making sound and having fun. Eventually, I would like to be able to patch it like a conventional monosynth and play it with keys, but that's not a priority. (already have a basstation rack for the midi to CV?) I already have a theremin so I don't want just the basic theremin sound. I want lots of modulation / strangeness.

I'll have $1500-2000 to spend (6U portable case about $500 of it). Any recommendations for interesting modules to look at? I'll want at least 1 osc and I'll probably use the mooger filter to begin with.

Many of the modules I don't understand yet. I'm doing a lot of research now and have been playing around with the stuff I have available now.

If anyone has any advice, I appreciate it.