Yamaha DX7s Problem

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
basic303

Yamaha DX7s Problem

Post by basic303 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:26 pm

My DX7s been acting wierd. Hardly any of the sounds play and when they do, it either sounds like a wierd garbled noise, or like the modulation is completely cranked. I've replaced the battery, gone through each parameter and loaded the stock sounds up through Sysex and nothing seems to be working. Any help is appreciated.

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Post by Zamise » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:29 am

Hows your foot switch input? Nothing like an 1/4" to 1/8" adapter stuck in it is there? Thats all I can think of of for now. I've just learned on some of my yamaha gear that those arn't good places to stick my spare adapters.
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]

DX

Post by DX » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:24 pm

First of all, I would check again the battery replacement. Check the voltage and polarity to ensure it is replaced right. (I understand you've entered all the parameters one by one and moved the data entry slider for re-mapping all the values after replacing battery).

Altought it is strange that you couldn't reach any sound after dumping the factory bank via sysex. What does the display show when selecting presets?.

Another thing: Did you try to start a sound from scratch?. Use INIT VOICE function and try to make the 6 operators sounding. So we'll can know if there are some problems on the tone generator or not.
Let us know
Roland Promars, E-mu EMAX and some other machines...