Control Roland alpha Juno 2 with sh32; ¿possible ?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Control Roland alpha Juno 2 with sh32; ¿possible ?

Postby taper_ware » Mon May 19, 2008 11:35 pm

Hi,

As the Rland alpha Juno 2 does not have knobs there are many people who does it across the PG-300. I have seen to control these SYNTH with a BCR200 of behringer !!

In my case ,I have a Roland sh32, so ...

¿ It would be possible to control the juno 2 with the sh32, doing the function of a PG-300 ?

tanks !!!!!!!
taper_ware

Postby Solderman » Mon May 19, 2008 11:51 pm

The BCR2000 has learnable sysex for each rotary control, which means you'd have to either program it first or get a sysex template. According to the SH-32 manual appendices, it only sends and transmits fixed CC's and system exclusive messages for its functions. The alpha Juno does not use any CC's and has its own set of custom sysex like any other device would. ie. no.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.
Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby gunark » Tue May 20, 2008 1:38 am

You wanna control the Alpha Junos? It's all sysex so it has to be programmed just for the AJ. You can use the PG300 if you are rich or, if you are like me and poorer then use a controller. In my case I use the Novation Remote SL Zero as it's got the screens to keep track and you can program it right in unit itself. I then use the same template and adjust for different sysex codes for different synths.

In short - grab a Remote SL Zero for £100 and program in the AJ sysex codes. Then go mad, it really is a great synth when given that amount of easy control!

Oh and no, my SH32 won't directly control it. You could use MAX or other software to effectively translate between the CCs and sysex but the layout of the SH32 doesn't correspond to the parameters of the AJ (no chorus speed for instance) so get a controller - more useful in the long run too.
gunark

Gear: Roland: Alpha Juno 1, HS-60, JX-3P
Yamaha: CS01, AN1x, TX81Z
SCI Pro One
DSI: Tetr4, Mopho Keyboard
Casio HT-700
Vermona DRM Mk. III
Jen SX1000
Band: British Airwaves

Postby Sexor » Wed May 21, 2008 2:09 am

I got the PG-300 a few months ago.... found it extremely underwhelming (stepping filter etc...). So I sold it and got myself a Juno-106 for the same amount of money (!!)

I still have the Alpha but I use a program called EZalpha to program it. Muchmuchmuch cheaper 8)

You might consider getting the BCR2000 as a cheap hands-on way to program it... As mentioned earlier, the SH-32 cannot act as a sysex programmer so it won't work.
Monkey business since 2007!
Sexor

Gear: Prophet6, Jupiter-7, MS25, Juno-50, TR-303, Rhodes 63

Postby stikygum » Thu May 22, 2008 6:13 am

gunark wrote:You wanna control the Alpha Junos? It's all sysex so it has to be programmed just for the AJ. You can use the PG300 if you are rich or, if you are like me and poorer then use a controller. In my case I use the Novation Remote SL Zero as it's got the screens to keep track and you can program it right in unit itself. I then use the same template and adjust for different sysex codes for different synths.

In short - grab a Remote SL Zero for £100 and program in the AJ sysex codes. Then go mad, it really is a great synth when given that amount of easy control!

Did you make a AJ template on the SL? Care to share? :D
stikygum

Postby taper_ware » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:37 pm

thanks for all !!! great people at this forum !!

i dont speak english so well because i am from Spain but i´ll try to do it.

I am searching for Pads or ambient presets to load into the Juno 2, and i want to know 2 thing about it:

1- Where can i get them

2- how can i send them to the alpha juno

thanks again !!!! :)
taper_ware

Return to HELP!