Yamaha RM1x bank and program change messages

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
sepiakeys
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Hardware Synthesizers and Guitar Effects
Band: There will be Lions

Yamaha RM1x bank and program change messages

Post by sepiakeys » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:09 pm

Hello!

Can anyone tell me how to configure the RM1x to send bank and program change messages to external sound modules which are assigned to a part of a pattern?

It always automatically switches to bank 1 and program 1 of the external instruments that are assigned to the corresponding midi-channel of the part. I found some information about program change messages in the manual, but they only seem to concern the internal sound generator (?).

Thanks!
Good programming is worth more than the most expensive synthesizer.

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Yamaha RM1x bank and program change messages

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:01 pm

If it's like most other Yamahas (RS7000, Motif, etc.) you have to manually embed the PC messages into a sequence using the event editor.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Yamaha RM1x bank and program change messages

Post by Hugo76 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:03 pm

Yes, I think you must input the PC messages at the very start of the sequence, on the corresponing track/phrase.
If the problem persits, it could be due to the rm1x's OS - the first OS had an error that caused problems when sequencing external gear. Unfortunately the OS is on a chip that must be swapped for the new one.