DX100 presets

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Ultralinear

DX100 presets

Post by Ultralinear » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:39 pm

This is my first post so I'll briefly introduce myself. I'm Robin, I've played heavy and jazz guitar music for many years, playing bass and guitar. Recently I have fallen in love with synths! I create quite strange music; so far only using Massive, Hypersonic and Basic64 through Cubase SX 2.2 (old school!). I intend to buy a Jupiter 6, I currently own a DX100.

I have recently bought a DX100 and would like to know if I can obtain the original presets from anywhere? The entire 'shift' memory seems to be nearly identical to the normal memory. Thanks.

DX

Re: DX100 presets

Post by DX » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi Robin and welcome.
First of all, are you sure you are switching it right? AFAIR you should press +1 YES/ -1 NO buttons (one at once) while holding INTERNAL, for switching between normal and "Shift" presets area.

If you are doing right, it is weird, because that presets are ROM. So you can't erase them. In that case, it could be a sign of some malfunction.

Anyway, you can reach the presets in Function mode (check the BANK A B C D buttos, the letters printed in bright brown). There is a function called Preset search? where you can reach all the presets just surfing them with the data slider. Try to get them there.

Let us know....

DX.
Roland Promars, E-mu EMAX and some other machines...

Ultralinear

Post by Ultralinear » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:49 pm

Thank you DX, I shall give that a go! I've been pressing the yellow function button and then the ABCD bank buttons. It comes up with numbers rather than 'PA' et cetera before the patch name.

I think you'd be able to answer another question I have... In what way is the DX7 more powerful programming-wise?

cheers

Summa

Post by Summa » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:08 pm

Ultralinear wrote:In what way is the DX7 more powerful programming-wise?
Six operators and as result of this, more algorithms. Additional envelope stages and operator frequencies, a pitch envelope, free running Operators if needed, improved level scaling.