Micro modular and new macbook...

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
electro funker

Micro modular and new macbook...

Post by electro funker » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:09 am

Ok,

I have come to that conclusion, that the software from clavia, is s**t together with my macbook. And yes, I have installed the newest OS. The problem is that the software program is gennerally unstable, it chrashes from time to time, sometimes it's comming up with this anoying debugger script thing, and that really makes me MAD! Does somebody know how to make it run more stable...?

And the answer is not " buy a windows computer..." or "just run bootcamp..." :)

xpander
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: UltraProteus, Xpander, 200e, Minimoogs, Radias, Prophet VS, PolyEvolver, Arp 2600

Re: Micro modular and new macbook...

Post by xpander » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:53 am

electro funker wrote:clavia, is s**t
this has long been my feeling towards clavia's forays into software.

electro funker

Post by electro funker » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:51 am

Ha ha, no, the modular is a real workhorse, if I tryed to do some of the patches from my modular on a analog modular, it would take ages and I would have had to work the rest of my life, just to raise the money for the modules! :? The software worked perfect on my old dell 400mhz computer, so there have to be something that I got wrong...

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:39 am

have you tried the latest version of Nomad? hope it would work, because it's such a great synth.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

electro funker

Post by electro funker » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:15 pm

Thank you, that worked things out! :) Hurrah, for nomad! But can I download more modules and extra stuff some where, since it's open source?

pricklyrobot
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by pricklyrobot » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:56 pm

What is Nomad? Is it an add-on to the Clavia editing software (just got a Micro-Mod recently, software has worked okay, just loses the MIDI connection if I try to do to edit too many things quickly) or a replacement for it?
Arturia MiniBrute -- bits o' Euro -- Sammich SID -- E-mu MP-7 -- Korg ER-1 -- Thingamagoop

electro funker

Post by electro funker » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:36 pm

It's a replacement, with the bonus that it is much more stable on the new mac os... :P But at the sametime, it lack has some lack's,, fx. you can't see wich kHz you are working with on your OSC' s as you can on clavia's software, but it's allmost the same.

pricklyrobot
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by pricklyrobot » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Ah, I see. I'm on a PC, so I reckon I'll stick with the Clavia editor for now. But I guess since it's open-source and still being worked on, there's potential for Nomad to catch up with the Clavia software and add new features at some point. Something to keep an eye on.
Arturia MiniBrute -- bits o' Euro -- Sammich SID -- E-mu MP-7 -- Korg ER-1 -- Thingamagoop

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:34 pm

Clavia software is most up to date, but I think they dropped the mac version on v2.x?
v3 is the best one, it has optimized code so the DSP power is greatly reduced, meaning more modules in each patch + it added a dozen new modules. Also had a slight graphics update so things don't look so flat and 2D. No idea what the Nomad ed add or removes.

electro funker

Post by electro funker » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:32 pm

There is a ver. 3.03 for mac too, but yes, that's the one, running like a old car... A shame they haven't update it more, It's really a nice machine, and it sounds good to, though the filters could be analog... :(

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:51 am

electro funker wrote:Thank you, that worked things out! :) Hurrah, for nomad! But can I download more modules and extra stuff some where, since it's open source?
great to hear that it works out. seems like all are what's included within the software. our only hope is for the new release or even more extreme if they ever release a new os for the hardware too, which I sense would be miles to hope.
electro funker wrote:though the filters could be analog... :(
even the filter sounds a bit more analog than the lead, but run it through a filter box would make it an even more wonderful synth. It's mostly fun processing those Nord's synth/drum sounds through extreme processing.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums