Roland PG-200 Cable

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
AVR

Roland PG-200 Cable

Post by AVR » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:15 pm

Hello. I was recently able to pick up a JX-3P and the PG-200 programmer for a steal of a price, but the previous owner has lost the cable to connect the programmer to the keyboard. I was wondering where (if anywhere) I would be able to find one, or if the connector plug pieces are available somewhere and I can build my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I've already searched ebay, and there is nothing :(

plus321

Re: Roland PG-200 Cable

Post by plus321 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:23 pm

I think it is a 6 pin DIN cable right?

Try searching for one via google.

I found this, but I don't know if it will help.
http://www.amabilidade2002.com/video5.htm

Also, this (probably a better bet), but you would have to buy two and make the cable.
http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?c ... &sku=01696

Otherwise sort through the result of the search:
6 pin din cable

You have to be careful to not get a mini din cable because it is not correct.

Good luck.

AVR

Post by AVR » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:32 pm

Ahh.... I didn't know it was a standard type of cable and assumed is was some special, proprietary one. Thank you so much for your help!!! It's greatly appreciated. :D

JMP
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by JMP » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:44 pm

If it's the same as the PG800 cable for the JX8P & Programmer, I have one stashed away somewhere, new and unused gathering dust.

AVR

Post by AVR » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:58 pm

Well, I just purchased some ends and bulk cable to make my own for fairly cheap. Hopefully that will do the trick. I will post the results here when I have them just in case someone else ever comes across the same problem as me and needs advice. I got all the parts from http://www.markertek.com/.

JMP: If for whatever reason, my DIY cable doesn't work, yours would, and you'd be willing to part with it for a reasonable price, I would be happy to take it off your hands. :wink:

Thank you again to everyone here. This is my second time pestering you all for advice, and you've been very kind and helpful. :D

JMP
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by JMP » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:24 pm

Sorry man, meant to look for it after my post but forgot. If you have no luck with yours let me know and I'll dig it out and post to you for nowt if you're in the UK.

nsbhp2
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Roland JV-1080, Korg Legacy Collection, the impOSCar, Korg DS-10, MicroKorg, Roland JP-8000, Casio CZ-1000, Korg Monotron, Korg Kaossilator

Post by nsbhp2 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:57 am

I found that the cable in question is the same as the one used to connect the Commodore external tape drive to a Vic 20 or a Commodore 64. Look on eBay, it's where I found mine.

Peace!
Scott

EDIT: This auction http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-COMMODORE-6 ... 240%3A1318 has a whole bunch of them!

AVR

Post by AVR » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:52 pm

Got the parts in yesterday and soldered it together, and it works perfectly. It's wired normal with no cross-wiring (IE: pin 1 connects to pin 1, etc.). The ends are 6-pin DIN connectors with the 240degree pin layout, and a length of whatever bulk 6-conductor cable. Total cost including shipping was about $12, and it took all of about 10minutes from the time I plugged in the soldering iron until I was testing it out. Just wanted to post my results in the event someone else might run into the same problem in the future. Thanks again to everyone for all their help. It's very much appreciated.

EDIT: just for further info... here are the catalog numbers for the parts from markertek.com and their prices.
[LXS61] Din Connector 6 Pin Plug @ $3.25/ea
[9536] Belden 9536 6 Conductor with Foil Shield Per Foot @ $0.42/ea