virus ti midi and usb

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Omni17

virus ti midi and usb

Post by Omni17 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:32 am

Hi guys.
i have a cs1x controller a virus ti and my radias connected to a midex 8.virus ti and radias the have usb ports too.midex 8 midi interface have usb port also.my question are...
shoul i have all of them connected with midi and usb??or should i have them only with midi??
i thing virus ti soft does'nt work without usb.please somebody have an answer???

redroomrecordings
Gear: Virus TI . Virus C . Blofeld . Maschine
Band: Distorted Memory / CAKEBUILDER

Re: virus ti midi and usb

Post by redroomrecordings » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:40 pm

if you want to use the virus ti as a regular stand alone synth like any other you can just use the midi and analog outs. but if you want to use the ti control software which i recommend you do then use the usb. however i wouldn't recommend using the usb to transfer the actual audio, at least not when it comes to mixing down. in the control software you can choose where the audio out is and switch it from usb to any of the analog outs.

oh, and from what i read in you post it seems like you are thinking of connecting the virus to the midex via usb, that wont work....the midex plugs into the computer via usb and then synths connect into that via mid. the virus ti would connect directly into the computer with usb and have nothing to do with the midex.

hope this helps

Omni17

Post by Omni17 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Thank you for your help.
I would like to tell you that i didnt mean in my post that i will connect my virus ti to the midex 8,but that both of them have usb.And my question was that if midex 8 has usb then i dont have to connect my virus thru usb.Anyway i thing this is wrong because midex use the usb to transfer midi.Is so confused for me cause i just begin with all of them without to have study them at all.I dont even know how to begin my first project.With what imagination.How to build it....
Thanks again anyway.

Huppo
Gear: V-synth, broken Fusion 6HD, HPD10, MP-7, 60+ guitars, etc.
Band: naught

Post by Huppo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:19 pm

Omni17 wrote:my question was that if midex 8 has usb then i dont have to connect my virus thru usb.
Yes, you would still have to connect the Virus TI to the computer directly with USB. The USB function of the Virus isn't going to transfer through your Midiex via MIDI.

What's important is the type of data being sent, not the shape of the connectors.
~huppo

Please feel free to add me to your Foes list.