RE: Electrix gear MIDI question

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
octopede
Gear: lots of cables, lights and knobs
Band: Dormir, Cities of Earth

RE: Electrix gear MIDI question

Post by octopede » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:38 am

Thanks to a recent VSE deal I now have a FilterFactory, joining my WarpFactory, MoFx, and a Lexicon fx unit in a rack. I love Electrix's products, and for the first time today I thought I'd set them up for some DAW sequencing (historically I've only used midi clock for these guys). But...ho, what's this? After bashing my head against the metaphorical wall all evening, it now looks like these little bastards have very limited through capability; IE - they'll pass clock, but nothing else. So only the last unit in the chain can get sequenced? What?!

I really hope I'm misreading the situation, as I don't want to have to buy several midi boxes (or some luxuriously expensive midi interface - i was really hoping to stop spending money for awhile) to merge separate outs back into my DAW. Anyone know anything about the through behavior on Electrix products, or have any experience chaining these up to a sequencer?
-----