Roland XP-50 is transposed up by whole step?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
stirpe
Gear: Roland XP-50
Band: Monocles & Mustaches

Roland XP-50 is transposed up by whole step?

Post by stirpe » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:59 pm

Hello everyone,

So I managed to snag a used Roland XP-50 for free earlier this year (made a music video for a band, they couldn't afford to pay me so they gave me that instead, heh)

Anyways.. I've been playing it for a good 4 or 5 months now; it's my very first synth, and I've been loving it. However, recently when I brought it to a jam session for the first time some of my mates pointed out that the whole thing is transposed up by one whole step! (eg. pressing C actually results in playing a D, a B results in a C#, etc.) It's incredibly confusing and frustrating.. The whole thing is in-tune to itself, but it's impossible to play with anything else like that.
I hunted through all the menus but I can't find anything to transpose it.. I managed to fix the problem by tying down the mod wheel to the left, but that's obviously a rather inelegant solution...

Anyone have any insight on how to fix this? [-o<

Johnny Lenin
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: JX8P | AX60 | Little Phatty Stage II | DW8000 | Vox Jag | Fantom X6 | Juno-G | P-Bass | AS-120 | Double Jet

Re: Roland XP-50 is transposed up by whole step?

Post by Johnny Lenin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:53 pm

Does the pitch bender work? I had an XP-10 where the pitch bender was stuck in the note-up position.

In any event, you should be able to transpose the whole keyboard down a whole tone. Just check out the manual here: http://media.rolandus.com/manuals/XP-50_OM.pdf

If it's the pitch bender, you should also be able to set the pitch bend value to 0.

ShadowsWithin

Re: Roland XP-50 is transposed up by whole step?

Post by ShadowsWithin » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:32 am

have the same problem with my XP-80 except less drastic, when i use my pitch bender it brings it up like a quarter of a semitone....but when i pitch down it corrects it.