What keyboard is it ?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Mateusz
Gear: Roland KR-500

What keyboard is it ?

Post by Mateusz » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:12 am

I have a two keyboards like this, however I can't give any pictures because they are still in Poland...

I don't know wether it is a synth or not

It's name was Fujitsu, copy of Casio because I saw some similar Casios somewhen eBay

It was produced around 1990 I think, it has 2 speakers, yellow rubber circle buttons, some green buttons for choosing instruments, also some red buttons... and couple of faders. I think it has also a recording option but never worked though...

It could be also supplied by batteries

A box for it has yellow and purple colour

Any ideas ?

Johnny Lenin
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: JX8P | AX60 | Little Phatty Stage II | DW8000 | Vox Jag | Fantom X6 | Juno-G | P-Bass | AS-120 | Double Jet

Re: What keyboard is it ?

Post by Johnny Lenin » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:19 am

Sounds like a fairly standard portable home keyboard. These are not synthesizers and they tend to produce rather cheesey tones and cheesier rhythms. Also, they typically only have headphone and not line outputs. On the other hand, they can be a whole lot of fun in the own right and, sometimes, cheese is what you need. Similar instruments sell for between $79 and $99 in the US.

I could be wrong, but that sounds like what you described.

Mateusz
Gear: Roland KR-500

Re: What keyboard is it ?

Post by Mateusz » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:13 pm

Well, it produced really plastic, unnatural sounds as I remember :twisted:

I have 2 of them, both in perfect condition, still with documentation and boxes. They were bought around 1991/92? in Czechoslovakia, probably they were expensive at the time.

Eventually I can take it on list of my equipment, as some vintage spirit 8) And it had always some tendencies to overheat, when it was played for long, once power supplier burnt down :mrgreen:

I was confused because I always though that Fujitsu is a manufacturer of computers...