Roland JP-8000 firmware update

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Richiep34

Re: Roland JP-8000 firmware update

Post by Richiep34 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:19 pm

firewind wrote:Does anyone here have the v1.5 update file backup in their computer by any chance?
[-o<

The files on Roland's website are corrupted and the sequencers can't read the update .mid properly.

Their tech support is taking an aweful long time to get back to me... guess they're vacationing in NAMM.

Anyone have the 1.03 or 1.04 or the 1.05mthat isn't corrupt Please...

Rasputin

Post by Rasputin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:56 am

Roland has it posted, and contrary to the first couple posts in the thread... it isn't corrupt:
https://www.roland.com/us/products/jp-8000/downloads/

But, for the sake of redundancy, Roland JP-8000 v1.05 Firmware Update (confirmed working):

All the various versions of 1.05 you can download (Mac, PC, or otherwise) have the exact same checksums for the MIDI files--regardless of where you get them--so if it's not working then you're doing something wrong.

tonykara

Post by tonykara » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:31 am

Seems like this works for some people and not for others. I'm in the latter category. Did anyone with the problem find a solution that worked for you? The Roland UpdSMFJ app doesn't even recognize file _00005.MID. Every other file up to that point is fine.

It's not a problem with the name. I've renamed file 4 to file 5 and it is seen in the app. I've renamed file 5 to file 4 and it still is not seen in the app. It's something with the content of the file.

tonykara

Post by tonykara » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:43 am

I've even tried this on an older Windows XP laptop and file #5 is not recognized by their UPDSMFJ app. (and I get an error when trying to send it directly from MIDIOX. Someone must have found a solution by now.

tonykara

Post by tonykara » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:52 am

Wanted to update so anyone in the future doesn't have the same trouble. I could NOT get this to work on any windows machine from XP up to 10. But, I was able to use my Mac laptop (OSX) with no trouble. I used the same set of files as previously discussed, but this time I used the Mac version of their app. So it appears the windows version has a bug since it can't even recognize file #5, which loaded fine when downloaded with a Mac.

gridlocc

Post by gridlocc » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:44 am

Tonykara, thanks for the info that it worked on a mac computer. I was freaking out when I couldn't load #5 midi from my windows computer. I searched the interwebs about not being able to load #5 midi and saw your post. I loaded everything fine my mac. Thank again! =D>