Seqential Circuits, MULTITRAK

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
synthfreak90

Seqential Circuits, MULTITRAK

Post by synthfreak90 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:03 pm

If the appregiator is out of time on the synth, can this be fixed easily or is there a setting that should be adjusted or ... internal clock? Is it normal for the out-mix to be abit quiet? Would be good if I could get some help on this, Henri

valis
Gear: electricity

Re: Seqential Circuits, MULTITRAK

Post by valis » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:48 pm

Hey Henri,

A couple of things. First, I own a SCI Max and have only played with a multitrak a few times so keep that in mind. Second, you probably want to post this to the "Help" forum as you will probably get more replies from MT users.

I'm not sure I understand your arpeggios issues. How is it "out of time?" Are you trying to sync it to MIDI?

To answer your second question the main output shouldn't be too quiet. I'm not sure how quiet it is on your synth but if you have the synth's volume cranked and it's still quieter than other synths in your studio than there is probably an issue. You should be able to find the schematics pretty easily if you're good as such things. You can always contact winecountrysequential.com if absolutely needed. They can be a bit pricey but many are former employees of SCI and they're good people who know what they are doing..

Hope this helps a little..

-David

valis
Gear: electricity

Post by valis » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:54 pm

I just stumbled on this thread.. It seems pretty relevant to your issue

http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewt ... =1&t=45299

P.S. In case you haven't, it's always a good idea to search the VSE forums and nabble.com/Analogue-Heaven-f387.html for any synth problem you may have..

-D

replicalex
Gear: SCI Pro One / Korg MonoPoly / Yamaha CS15 / TX802 / Roland: Sh101 / SH2 / Jupiter 6 / Juno 1 / AS: Semblance / MiniBrute / DRM1 mk2 / Jomox xBase09

Post by replicalex » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:40 pm

Hi
My MT is a little quieter than my other synths but not too bad. I've read somewhere someone else mentioning this too, not sure where (loads of help eh?).... Whether its a issue with your synth or its just they way they are I have no idea sorry.
If you are syncing to midi clock the speed knob needs to be turned all the way left.
You need to make sure your DAW is sending MIDI clk too of course.
If you are syncing the sequencer to clk then press play on the MT (knob fully left you will her no sound yet) and then hit play on the DAW or sequencer to start the sequence.
Hope this helps a little.
Alex

hageir
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: http://www.geirhelgi.com/
https://soundcloud.com/geir-helgi
Band: Geir Helgi

Post by hageir » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:39 am

about the volume, maybe it's that db "thing" some synth manufacturers chose?
like Roland using +4db and some others something less? like -8db or something?
maybe you just need to pull the trim/gain up a little more ;)
Elektron MnM & MD UW, DSI MEK & Prophet REV2 16 Voices baby!, Ensoniq VFX & ESQ-1, SE-1X, Korg MS-20mini, Polysix, SH-101 (red), 707, CR-8000, KPR-77, PO-12, Yamaha C1 Music Computer, Synare PS-1, FX, mixers, some more stuff..

OriginalJambo
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Check my sig

Post by OriginalJambo » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:59 am

hageir wrote:about the volume, maybe it's that db "thing" some synth manufacturers chose?
I think you mean +4 dBu vs. -10 dBu - two different standards. The latter is generally found on consumer audio products - CD players, tape players etc. whilst the former is reserved for "professional" audio gear. Basically the +4 dBu products output a hotter signal so require less gain to be on tap and obviously have a better signal to noise ratio.

Don't quote me on this but I think many older synthesisers tend to output -10 dBu, especially lower to mid tier models (Polysix, Juno etc.). At the end of the day it's not a big deal really - just that you'll need to maybe boost the signal a little at the mixer/audio interface and that the S/N ratio is slightly less favourable.
Last edited by OriginalJambo on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

hageir
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: http://www.geirhelgi.com/
https://soundcloud.com/geir-helgi
Band: Geir Helgi

Post by hageir » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:22 pm

about the volume, maybe it's that db "thing" some synth manufacturers chose?
Elektron MnM & MD UW, DSI MEK & Prophet REV2 16 Voices baby!, Ensoniq VFX & ESQ-1, SE-1X, Korg MS-20mini, Polysix, SH-101 (red), 707, CR-8000, KPR-77, PO-12, Yamaha C1 Music Computer, Synare PS-1, FX, mixers, some more stuff..