MS2000 mod and pitch wheel issues

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
THEODICY

MS2000 mod and pitch wheel issues

Post by THEODICY » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:40 am

I was noticing the other day while using the MS2000 as a controller for another rack synth that the pitch wheel would pitch the correct step up but not quite when trying to bend down. Now, my first thought was that it was part of the rack synth's program, so I checked that and no, it was how it should be. So then I go into the global menu and do the calibration for the pitch wheel. I bend up and it reaches full value but when I bend down it doesn't quite get there so I hit "yes" to calibrate and the MS2000 says "invalid data." So I also check the mod wheel while I'm at it and it is not quite reaching full value on either side either and gives the same "invalid data"!!!! :evil: I had not noticed this a problem before when playing until the other day :cry: It's my only keyboard controller and I just got a MS2000r to compliment the keys. DAMN IT! Any idea what it could be or what to check out to fix?

Pilot352

Re: MS2000 mod and pitch wheel issues

Post by Pilot352 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:29 pm

To make sure it's the synth, hook up another synth through MIDI and let it control the MOD wheel. See if it bends correctly using another controller.
Analog: Mono/Poly, Prophet '08, Juno 106
Digital: Kurzweil SP88, Yamaha DX11, Kawai K4, MS2K, AN1x
Modules: Triton (loaded), Motif ES, MS2KR, E-Mu Proteus 2K, TR626 DM, Roland U220
New Addition: Fender Rhodes 73 Mark I
So much gear... So little time!!!