Juno 6 LFO trig button

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
killertofu

Juno 6 LFO trig button

Post by killertofu » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:27 pm

Ive been wanting a Juno 6 or 60 for a while ever since I sold my 106 a few years ago. A Juno 6 showed up locally and I decided to snag it. :mrgreen:

Cosmetically it is perfect, but the LFO trig button doesnt work. Seller didnt know too much about it and I got some $$ knocked off because of it. I was wondering if this can be fixed or is it something I just have to deal with? I know this is a common problem.

I did a search on this board for a bunch of variations of "Juno LFO button" and came up empty. Sorry if its been discussed before.

Who needs patch memory.....? Not me! :D

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Re: Juno 6 LFO trig button

Post by pflosi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:47 am

remember to turn the lfo trig mode from "auto" to "man" ;)

maybe it's not even dead

killertofu

Post by killertofu » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:22 am

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I guess it is working correctly after all. Ill be leaving here now....
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I just realized there is a post about the Juno 60 LFO TriggER a few down. Thats what I get for not including the "-ER" in my search. Aagggh. Sorry!

guitarsandsynths
Band: Brazility

Post by guitarsandsynths » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:51 am

killertofu wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I guess it is working correctly after all. Ill be leaving here now....
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I just realized there is a post about the Juno 60 LFO TriggER a few down. Thats what I get for not including the "-ER" in my search. Aagggh. Sorry!
:lol:
Newbies! :D
But hey, you still got those 50 bucks off!
:D
Minimoog ModelD Prophet5 Roland Jupiter8 SH7 GR9 CSQ100 TR606 TR707 TR727 Oberheim OB8 ARP2600 KorgVC10 Rhodes73 Wurlitzer 200A ClavinetII DOTCOM PearlDRX1 TamaTS202 Simmons SDS9

monolith
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by monolith » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:07 am

killertofu wrote:
Who needs patch memory.....? Not me! :D
I love my juno-6! rad usename/avatar by the way! :thumbleft:

Goa Travellers

Post by Goa Travellers » Thu May 08, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi guys,

Same problem here, albeit with a JU-60. With LFO Delay Time set to 0 and Trig Mode set to Man, the LFO Trig push-button still has no effect. The LFO itself works properly when set to Auto. Ay idea how to fix this LFO Trig push button?
Thanks,

plus321

Post by plus321 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:00 pm

Hi, the switch is probably worn out; it's not an uncommon problem with these switches. The MC-4 uses ones that are either the same or pretty similar. Basically there is a rubber surface inside it that is covered with conductive substance. Pressing the button presses the conductive surface down on two pieces of metal and turns on the switch.

I'm not 100% certain the switches are idential, but on the mc-4, you can repair the switch. You have to desolder it, then you can take it apart gently (there are plastic clips on the side; if they break the switch might be unusable so be careful). When it comes apart there is a spring (don't lose it) and the rubber 'plunger' with the conductive surface on the bottom.

You need to repaint a conductive surface on it. I have done two mc-4s with Chemtronics Rubber Keypad Repair Kit. It works fine. The problem is that the kit is kind of expensive and it only lasts a day once you mix it so you might be better off trying to find a new switch. I think chip4brains made them, but seems like he's gone now.

Goa Travellers

Post by Goa Travellers » Fri May 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Thanks, this was it! I used Kontakt Chemie Graphite 33. It is a graphite spray, and I sprayed the base of the plunger several times. It is now working as expected. I don't understand why manufacturers choose such unreliable contact switches instead of regular ones.

plus321

Post by plus321 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:56 pm

Cool glad it worked. They just kind of wear down over time or use or something. The nice thing about it is that it can be fixed indefinitely instead of needing a new one.

Goa Travellers

Post by Goa Travellers » Fri May 09, 2014 10:04 pm

Yes. I happen to be in front of two Juno-60 with the exact same LFO Trig defect. Shorting those two pins with the screwdriver triggers the LFO. Oh, well, it seems a common ageing sign, same as keys contacts not working over time.