Yamaha SY-99 Pitch bend potentiometer broken.

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
yamahadrums

Yamaha SY-99 Pitch bend potentiometer broken.

Post by yamahadrums » Fri May 29, 2009 4:18 pm

I recently bought an Yamaha SY-99. I found out, that the Pitch bend potentiometer is broken. Couldn't find any service manual. Does anyone know the part number of that potentiometer or where I can download service manual from. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

synthRodriguez
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Moog - Roland - Yamaha

Re: Yamaha SY-99 Pitch bend potentiometer broken.

Post by synthRodriguez » Fri May 29, 2009 5:57 pm

That pot is in stock at Yamaha for 5 bucks.

https://www.yamaha24x7.com/YamahaOMS/Vi ... tring=sy99

Create an account and order online. They make it easy.

Just got a box of SY99 parts from them today.

yamahadrums

Post by yamahadrums » Fri May 29, 2009 6:05 pm

It is available only within the US. :-( I live in Bulgaria.

Shreddie
Gear: Alesis Andromeda, Fusion 8HD: ART SGX Nightbass SE: Kawai K5000s: Yamaha A3000 V2, EX7, FS1R, PSS-480 (Don't laugh, it rocks!) and 4 planks.

Post by Shreddie » Fri May 29, 2009 7:21 pm

Try getting in touch with your regional Yamaha distributor, see if they can help or tell of a company who can... Yamaha UK are very good in that respect.

yamahadrums

Post by yamahadrums » Sun May 31, 2009 3:31 pm

No reply from Yamaha UK. Our regional Yamaha distributor can't help me. Do you know the URL or mail of Yamaha 24x7 in UK or their service?

Shreddie
Gear: Alesis Andromeda, Fusion 8HD: ART SGX Nightbass SE: Kawai K5000s: Yamaha A3000 V2, EX7, FS1R, PSS-480 (Don't laugh, it rocks!) and 4 planks.

Post by Shreddie » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:08 am

As far as I know, there is nothing like Yamaha 24x7 in the UK, it's just Yamaha UK.

You can find their contact details on this page. I'd suggest calling them instead of email... Unfortunately, the number on that page is an '0870' number which will either be unavailable outside the UK or may cost an awful lot for you to call. I have just looked up the Yamaha-Kemble number for you though, its +441908 366700. Try calling that (it's the same place) and ask for the repairs department. If they can't help you directly, ask if they know of anywhere that can.

Alternatively, it might be worth trying to find a synth repairs place which knows the SY-99, they may be able to send the part to you or at least tell you where you might find one.

Good luck!