Sherman MIDI??? HELP!!!

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Soundwave

Sherman MIDI??? HELP!!!

Post by Soundwave » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Ok the Sherman2 is a beast but i'm having real difficulty setting up the MIDI :?

I understand that on power up its automatically set to channel 16 then you have to enter specific notes for the style of triggering you want (which ain't working) dos this mean i have to do this every time I switch the machine on???

Are there any other settings I have to put the machine in to activate the MIDI?

Do I then have to send a program change on a different channel to swap the receive channel??

Is it supposed to be this awkward??

Is there an easy process to get this up and running cos the manual is pretty weak in this area. :x

I just want a synth from my Monomachine to trigger the filter at the same time i.e. MnM waveforms going thru the S2 filter. :(

Soundwave

Re: Sherman MIDI??? HELP!!!

Post by Soundwave » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:59 pm

After some twiddling I've figured it out!

Sadly the ADSR/AR can't be triggered like a normal synth and has to be triggered from certain keys for certain triggering modes so you can't say assign a synth and the Sherman to the same MIDI channel and play the filter like a synth however the triggering possibilities to give some interesting creative uses. :)

It didn't help that the particular notes need to trigger the device are an octave up from the ones stated in the manual :x