Syncing TR-606 to Oberheim OB-8 arpeggiator

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Re: Syncing TR-606 to Oberheim OB-8 arpeggiator

Postby bleurgh » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:03 am

WhinyLittleRunt wrote:so we ran a CV out from the Pro One into the CV-in on the Mono/Poly which was cool but it still doesn't work to trigger the arpeggiator.

Did you actually mean "CV" or did you mean gate? Because it needs to be the gate out and it needs to be connected to the Monopoly's arpeggio trigger in. As I'm typing this, I'm listening to my Monopoly and Juno arpeggiators in perfect sync with the gate out of the Monopoly connected to the Juno's arpeggio in.

WhinyLittleRunt wrote:i will look into a Kenton Pro Solo anyway; I've wanted to for years but I keep putting it off as something I really don't need.

Well... I think you do! Or something like it. It will make things a lot less frustrating. However I just tried working out the puzzle of connecting all that gear together with the Pro-solo, but whatever way you do it, it looks like one of the three synths is going to miss out. However, this assumes that the gate out on the Pro-solo is not capable of reliably triggering sequencers/arpeggiators. I'm not sure about that as I sold my Pro-solo years ago and can't remember or try it out. It does have a clock output though, as well as a SYNC24 output.
bleurgh

Postby nathanscribe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:24 am

bleurgh wrote: the gate in port on the Pro-one doubles as the clock in.

OK. :oops:
nathanscribe
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Postby Solderman » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:34 am

You may also consider contacting Vaco Loco and describe your situation to see if the MIDI 2 SDS can be used to trigger your devices.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.
Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby solitud » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:35 pm

Nearly ten years later I had the exact same problem like OP:
My TR-606 did not trigger the arpeggiator of an Oberheim OB-8.

If some other guy will have the same problem in 2028 the answer is:
you have to convert the gates of the 606 to S-Trigger.

It's pretty easy to diy:
http://www.doepfer.de/faq/gen_faq.htm#S-Trig
solitud

Gear: Ghosts and Ghouls

Previous

Return to HELP!