on the prophet 600...

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
wrekkstylz

on the prophet 600...

Post by wrekkstylz » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:32 pm

is there any real difference between 1/2 and Off on the Keyboard switch?

also, on mine, pulse width for both oscillators only seems to have a range from about 1-8, is that normal? I figured it must be just the way it works because it does it on both.

Maschinengeist
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Multimeter
Frequency Counter
Oscilloscope
Signal Generator
Logic Probe
and more stuff
Band: Cybernetik

Re: on the prophet 600...

Post by Maschinengeist » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:40 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------
MuzikElektronix.com
Music electronics repair & More
Help? See TechZone
Parts? email!
Service Manuals?+/-2000 documents!
Sorry, they aren't free
Now on FACEBOOK: "Muzik Elektronix"

pricklyrobot
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Re: on the prophet 600...

Post by pricklyrobot » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:05 pm

wrekkstylz wrote:is there any real difference between 1/2 and Off on the Keyboard switch
That's the keyboard tracking switch, and yes there should be a difference between the Off, 1/2, and Full settings. The extent to which it is audible will, of course, vary by how the rest of your patch is set up (specifically, where the filter cut-off is set to begin with).
also, on mine, pulse width for both oscillators only seems to have a range from about 1-8, is that normal? I figured it must be just the way it works because it does it on both.
The pulse wave will become inaudible with the Pulse Width knob set at either extreme. However these settings can become useful when using the pulse wave as a modulation source (Osc B only, via the Poly-Mod section) or modulation destination (LFO-Mod to PW A-B, with Pulse Width knob set to 0 will give you an on-off, hard tremolo sound.)
Arturia MiniBrute -- bits o' Euro -- Sammich SID -- E-mu MP-7 -- Korg ER-1 -- Thingamagoop