Roland SH-1000 keyboard problem

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
synsonics

Roland SH-1000 keyboard problem

Post by synsonics » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:26 am

Hello, just thought I'd run this by any experts out there. I'm having a problem with my Roland SH-1000, every time I play the "F" key it plays the note as per normal, but when I release the key it triggers again, but in a slightly out of tune fashion. It only does this on this one note on the higher end of the keyboard, every other key is fine. I've taken it apart and cleaned out the trigger mechanism under the key to no avail. Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks

rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Re: Roland SH-1000 keyboard problem

Post by rhino » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:35 pm

just a guess. if there are two contacts on each key, check to see (on that note) that the contact controling the ADSR opens before the 'pitch' contact opens (when you release the key).
When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger.
- Confucius

synsonics

Re: Roland SH-1000 keyboard problem

Post by synsonics » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:13 am

I was just playing around with the sh-1000 and I noticed the problem is "eliminated" when I set the portamento to "2" (0-10 being the range), which is of course merely getting around it, just thought I'd add this in case it gives away any clues. I'll check that contact suggestion you mentioned later on today Rhino, cheers. Just my luck the F key contact has to be sandwiched between some supports for the keys, whereas every other key contact is easy to get at!