LINN DRUM JLCOOPER MIDI MOD

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
TRANSISTOR FACE

LINN DRUM JLCOOPER MIDI MOD

Post by TRANSISTOR FACE » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:48 am

Hey guys, I recently aquired myself a Linndrum LM-2 with the JLCooper midi mod (for a very reasonable price!)... but I can't find any information about anywhere on the net.

Essentially I'd just like to be able to sync the sequencer to my midi clock.

Anyone know what the trick is?

nathanscribe
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Re: LINN DRUM JLCOOPER MIDI MOD

Post by nathanscribe » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:30 pm

No idea about the JLC mod, I just use a Kenton Pro Solo II. One of the aux outputs can be configured to put out a 48ppqn pulse, which is what the LinnDrum requires. Works perfectly. If you can't figure out the mod, you're not stuck sync-less, at least.

TRANSISTOR FACE

Re: LINN DRUM JLCOOPER MIDI MOD

Post by TRANSISTOR FACE » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:00 pm

I ended up figuring it out last night. Turns out that you need to open up the linndrum and flip a switch in the machine that sets it in slave mode... not the most practical of solutions but hey! now it works!

Now I just need to figure out how to get those hi-hats/crash/ride sounds to stop going out of tune...

And get the original kickdrum EPROM... for some reason the previous owner put in this kind of almost 808 sounding kick in there. It's nice on it's own but I've already got that area covered by my other drum machines. I need that original LM2 kick sound for some disco-ier stuff.