my jv 80 is oozing this sticky pink goo

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
mikemoller9000

my jv 80 is oozing this sticky pink goo

Post by mikemoller9000 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:19 pm

Hi Guys , I'm A newbie !

can anyone help with info . I live in Nairobi - Kenya - and my tech guys are at sea with this one .

so short of buying new parts ........................

My roland jv 80 ' s keys are dripping this sticky pink goo which is meant to hold the weights in place
on the underside of the keys . Due to age ? the rubbery glue has become viscous and started to flow clogging
up the action and more alarmingly threatening other instruments on the lower keyboard rack .

I have carefully dismantled the whole keyboard unit and have all the keys ready for treating .

i have tried various home solvents to dissolve the glue but so far no success , any tips would be tremendous !

Cheers ! :)

bleurgh

Re: my jv 80 is oozing this sticky pink goo

Post by bleurgh » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:09 am

The same thing happened to my JD800. This happens to Roland keyboards with the little weights beneath the keys when they have spent many years in a hot environment. I had to have an entirely new keyboard installed in the JD800.

mikemoller9000

Re: my jv 80 is oozing this sticky pink goo

Post by mikemoller9000 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:22 am

I thought as much ,

I will attempt to contact roland directly and if i get more info will post it here .

thanks for your reply