Prophet 5 midi modulation

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
ix studio

Prophet 5 midi modulation

Post by ix studio » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:02 pm

hi

has anyone got the midi implmentation data for a 3.3 prophet 5 at all ? its sequencial factory midi fitted but i dont have the midi details to switch on stuff.I have managed to suss out most accept how to turn on midi modulation , got pitch bend working via midi but no modulation.The manual doesnt cover this so if anyone knows how please let me know.

calyx93
Gear: PPG Wave 2.2, Waldorf μWave x3, Roland JP6+V-Synth, SCI P5+600, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K-3

Re: Prophet 5 midi modulation

Post by calyx93 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:09 pm

If it's got factory MIDI, then I'm pretty sure it won't respond to mod wheel messages - only three settings for the pitch wheel (wide, medium and narrow). Mine has the Kenton kit fitted and can use CC#1 or aftertouch for receiving modulation messages.

Upon reading Wine Country's MIDI kit specs, it appears that mod wheel functions aren't supported either, just pitch in the same three ranges as the Sequential factory kit.

This site has the installation and implementation notes (go to the MIDI page), and I can find nothing that states support of the mod wheel - have a look: http://users.telenet.be/prophet-5/main.htm

Anyone know anything else?
“I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud

hfinn
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: http://soundcloud.com/heath-finnie

Post by hfinn » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:53 pm

I don't think it's happening. It's too basic.

ix studio

Post by ix studio » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:38 am

Cheers for the feedback guys and links . . .i think i need the kenton system fitted indeed , factory midi doesnt support mod wheel..........bummer.
ix studio wrote:hi

has anyone got the midi implmentation data for a 3.3 prophet 5 at all ? its sequencial factory midi fitted but i dont have the midi details to switch on stuff.I have managed to suss out most accept how to turn on midi modulation , got pitch bend working via midi but no modulation.The manual doesnt cover this so if anyone knows how please let me know.