Moog Little Phatty midi gone wild

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
nu-tellar

Moog Little Phatty midi gone wild

Post by nu-tellar » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:49 pm

hi every one.
i am having some trouble with my moog little phatty. it is no receiving midi in correctly sometimes it work and sometime it doesn`t. i always had it hood up with my computer via my 128 midi express. with the operating system it came from the factory and i never have no trouble.

i upgrade it two weeks ego to the last version. it is running 2.02s version and it is a Moog LP Stage II, and when i connected for the first time the midi connected work fine them when i started to sequence it with the monomachine, them it just when completely quiet. i shut it off them on the trigger keys of the mono send it midi note on fine when i switch to record grid on it when crazy again.

but, the problem was no that it was no receiving midi note right, the four control out of the mono are set up to send controller # 1,2,3,4, them i started to tweak the four control just to see if, i can changed anything. i realize that CC 3 send volume midi data and, it was turn all the way down.

now, after all of that i keep struggled with this f**k thing. sometimes it work sometimes it go crazy, i even sent it the midi upgrade again. i even have some problem upgrading it. it was no receiving the midi firm ware upgrade at first it show an error message which i don`t remenber what it was.

after that no problem for a while till today, it was working find them i try to sequence it again with the monomachine and it was no responding to midi message. i have local control on so , i go to the master menu and, turn it on just to play it with its keyboard to see if, it work fine no it did not i stoke the keep couple of time them the message fatal keyboard over run appear. the f**k up thing is that when i turn it on again and connect the midi out from the prophet 08 it the prophet 08 trigger it fine.

i don`t think i have it set up wrong because i been able to sequence all the other synths fine with my mono without any problem.

i am freaking out with this thing. now, more that i just pull out my receive of purchase and, it was bought on the 01-26-09 so, it is still under warranty i wonder if, i should take it to the store so they can check it out before the warranty expired. :cry:

i will probably take it tomorrow but, i thought i ask here of what you guys might think the problem can be?
or if, i can get a helping hand from you wise VSE member? :cry:

i need help please can someone help me out? :cry:

thanks so much

nu-tellar

Re: Moog Little Phatty midi gone wild

Post by nu-tellar » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:13 pm

could it be that this upgrade is buggy?

have anybody upgrade it, the little phatty and have some problem with the new os?

Synthaholic
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Motif XS6, TX802, D-550, A6

Post by Synthaholic » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:20 pm

Maybe a factory reset will fix it? That would be my first suggestion. If that doesn't help, call Moog.
Two VCO: thanks to the push rods, one can choose several forms of waves at the same time!
(from a Babelfish translation of a Jupiter-6 site)

Yamaha: Motif XS6, TX802 Roland: D-550 Alesis: A6 Andromeda

nu-tellar

Post by nu-tellar » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:42 pm

i reset it and i also upgrade it twice yes to see if that will fix it nothing happen.

i am asking here but, i try a few stuff. i just want to see if, you any of guys have have this problem. i will reset it and upgrade it if, nothing work i am going to take it to daddys so, they can deal we it. since i bought it there. even thought there is a bunch of inexperienced stuff there they can call moog and deal we it.

futureworlder
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: modular | monome | x0xb0x | ableton

Post by futureworlder » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:02 am

first, check to make sure your outlets are properly grounded, then check this thread:

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... 86013f9a1d

Unfortunately, It is a bug in the new firmware. Amos @ Moog used to be a regular here on VSE many years ago, and being somewhat of a genius he's since moved onto greener pastures, becoming extremely involved with R&D for all new Moog products, including writing new firmware for the LP and the newest Moog product the Taurus II bass pedals. Needless to say since Moog is still a relatively tiny company he's swamped with work and has admitted to missing this bug in the firmware:

Amos wrote:
Guys! This is my fault and I'm very sorry. It's a firmware bug I introduced in OS2.2. I need to get some new factory presets to the production line, and fix the underlying bug as soon as I can. Right now I am working 12-14 hrs a day, every day, to finish the Taurus firmware... when this is done, I can get back to the LP.

Meanwhile, this is the bug: This slowdown happens on presets where the Arpeggiator clock source = LFO. Go to Advanced Preset, Arpeggiator menu, and set Arp Clock Source = INT. Then save the preset. Problem will go away.

Here are the Stage II factory presets that need to be edited:

4, 6, 11, 14, 18, 33, 40, 66, 82.

Again, I'm, very sorry for this. It slipped through testing when OS 2.2 was released, and then I have been unable to fix it due to my other pressing obligations. I'll certainly correct this bug as soon as I am able.

Kind regards,

Amos

So you can try to fix this yourself first before taking it to Daddy's and waiting for them to do the same thing.

good luck!
"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers"- Pablo Picasso
http://www.myspace.com/briantraister

nu-tellar

Post by nu-tellar » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:22 am

hi, futureworlder thanks for the replay.

i already edited the presets you talk me to, i set the clock to internal but, it did not help. i also when through the moog forum and, check all the thread of people having the same problem i am having to see if there is something that can help me but, i didn`t find anything that i have not done.

i see that you also have a moog little phatty are you having any problem like i am. what version are you using.
if, you have a different version and you are no having problem can you give it to me in sysEx form please?

is any one running the version of the OS that the Moog little Phatty stage II ship with from factory in here and can give to me so i can downgrade my little phatty?

i am interested in this OS because i upgrade my little phatty and it been acting funny since. i hope that it is only a bug in the new OS, because i never have any problem before i upgrade it.

nu-tellar

Post by nu-tellar » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:25 am

cc`mon guys,

i know there is a lot of you in here who use the Moog Little Phatty. i have one too, for about a year an it was working fine till i upgrade it to 2.2 OS. it stop respnding to midi and it act funny. i never bother to look at the OS before i upgrade it. thus, i don`t even know what OS i was running before. wish i knew even more wish i have back up the OS so i can revert to it back but i didn`t. :cry:

can some one with a working Moog Little Phatty Stage II be so kind, to give me a working OS for this synth if, that is no a problem?

Thanks in advance.