FB01 programming

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Beware

FB01 programming

Post by Beware » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:09 pm

I'm going to go ahead and assume I'm doing something stupid, but I can't seem to program the little beast. I'm using the FB01 Sound Editor for Windows found here. I plug in my Edirol UA-20, then I plug in the MIDI I/Os but the sound editor still doesn't let me do a damn thing. The documentation is all in French to boot. Of course my other option is to get an Amiga emulator and use that, but I'd really prefer to not have to do that every time I want to play around with the freaking thing.

Does anyone have an FB01 with which they can test this program or have any experience using it already? I really don't have a clue what to do with all this stuff, it's the first time I'm involving my computer in my synths so I'm sure I'm just not doing something correctly. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks! ^_^

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: FB01 programming

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:21 pm

The editor has a control panel marked "General" for setting up the MIDI ports. Make sure you have them set properly and FB01 memory protection mode is turned OFF.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

eyerish
Gear: Lossa' stuff

Re: FB01 programming

Post by eyerish » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:44 am

I use my old(from the mid 80's) Yamaha CX5M's to program my FB01's. works like a charm.
klc,microrgan,
d50,max,CX5M,FB01
wk3500,ctk511,cz5000,cp30,cp35,djx,
audion,rt234,qchord,dr110's,c64's,
Esi4000,sixtrak,theremin and more
softsynths,shopping for talent now