Routing x0xb0x through Virus TI effects?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Dubby_Wubby

Routing x0xb0x through Virus TI effects?

Post by Dubby_Wubby » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi.

I'm trying to route a x0xb0x through the Virus TI but I can't seem to be able to figure it out.

What I'm trying to do is x0xb0x to left input > virus effects section > and then output it via output 2 left channel into a separate mixer channel. I want to use output 1 for the normal internal synth sounds.

Do I need to create a patch to access the inputs and outputs?

Is it even possible?

Thanks.

maelstrom_808

Re: Routing x0xb0x through Virus TI effects?

Post by maelstrom_808 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:37 am

What mode are you running the Virus in? Single, Multi, Seq (VST)?

Not sure exactly what you are doing, but what I'm gathering is you are wanting to take a mono audio signal and route it in and back out to utilize the effects section, and at the same time still have a playable synth patch on another set of outputs.

To do so, AFAIK you'll have to create to seperate patches (one for the input sound, and one for the synth sound) and run in Multi Mode with seperate parts for each patch. Assign different outputs for them in the Multi Edit menu and you should be good to go.

aredj
Gear: A little bit of E-muAccessJomoxKorgRolandRadikalTechnologiesMOOG

Post by aredj » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:22 pm

Yeah its true... settings for audio input are done in the edit menu of the patch (common settings, velocity mapping etc... ) and this is where you would pick the audio in type (atomizer, static, dynamic..), and which inputs... output map is on the next page...
UNLESS...! you're in multimode! (which I typically work in)... then the output is in the 'shift' edit menu, where you get into the multimode specific settings... whereas the input settings are in the normal edit menu...

This is the area where the TI suffers from menu blahs... But like any synth with menus - it just takes some heavy using to get used to it... yknow - its just remembering where everything is...

I actually use the TI full time (for now...) as my live effects processor... the filters n s**t are great for drums and other manipulations.
Although I've found the TI a little funny sometimes getting audio into it for some reason... but once its there its pretty solid.

If you're working in multimode - be sure to set the priority to high for the input patch to avoid audio dropouts due to other complex patches eating the polyphony..

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:12 am

I believe it's all outlined in the manual.

polyklinik
Gear: VCO, VCF, THC, LSD

Post by polyklinik » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:43 am

I tried Virus B input with Electribe ESX yesterday. The result was amazing. The distortions/lfoes/filters are perfect sounding like analog gears/pedals. I will upload a demo if you are interested in noise/glitch/dub style. :mrgreen:

Dubby_Wubby

Post by Dubby_Wubby » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:21 am

Cheers everyone for the replies. I shall give it a go tonght. I don't like the manual with the TI, I would like more practical examples in it, too much of it is just referece material.

Anyway, cheers all for the help.

polyklinik - Yeah upload a demo man I love glitchy stuff.

polyklinik
Gear: VCO, VCF, THC, LSD

Post by polyklinik » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:13 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?i2h4dnwzmzz

i just recorded, tweaked and added a little ableton delay twice in the mix, nothing else. :mrgreen:

Bioprogram

Post by Bioprogram » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:00 am

yea man, that's sounds like analog drum machine, i wondering if virus ti reverb is same as virus b? or it is way better

aredj
Gear: A little bit of E-muAccessJomoxKorgRolandRadikalTechnologiesMOOG

Post by aredj » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:33 am

I've never used a B... but the reverb in the TI is pretty ferken good..

Dubby_Wubby

Post by Dubby_Wubby » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:24 pm

polyklinik wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?i2h4dnwzmzz

i just recorded, tweaked and added a little ableton delay twice in the mix, nothing else. :mrgreen:
Good stuff, liking it :)