murf 105 functionality

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
supercluster

murf 105 functionality

Post by supercluster » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:29 am

Hey guys, I have a murf that i've owned for along time. Haven't used it recently and i tested it out tonight and i cant seem to control the drive or output? I looked on the moog website and it says the MF105 "needs" a 300ma 9v tip + adaptor. i checked and sure enough i wasnt using a 300ma adaptor, the adaptor was 200ma. I tried plugging into another radioshack adaptor that is 300ma and 9v and I cant get the moogerfooger to power on. This is obviously bad, am I totally out of luck here? Is there anything that I might be missing? Why would the device be partially working with the 200ma adaptor? Maybe i'm just screwed here? If anyone can give me a tip on what the problem is or just tell me i broke the pedal i'd appreciate it.
Doepfer A-100, MPC1000, Alesis Ion
Roland Re-20, Moog MF-105, Moog MF-102, boss me50-b

For sale: Yamaha RS7000, Korg Kontrol49

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Re: murf 105 functionality

Post by Stab Frenzy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:40 am

You've probably got the polarity round the wrong way with your new adaptor. Make sure it's a centre-positive adaptor (like it says on page 17 of the manual), a centre-negative one like most Boss and other brand pedals use won't work.