reattaching mode selector knob on re 201

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Fogflip
Gear: voyager, MOOG LP II, virus TI, Jupiter 6, Monome 256, 2006 fender American strat, thingamakit, casio sk1, motu ultralite mk3, cp-251.

reattaching mode selector knob on re 201

Post by Fogflip » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:13 am

my mode selector knob came off a while ago and for the life of me cant figure how to get it back on it looks like it might be threaded but it wont spin on. it just doesn't slide on any help is definitely needed. If a photo is needed let me know thanks.
Take it sleazy

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Re: reattaching mode selector knob on re 201

Post by Hybrid88 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:51 am

Hey,

It's really very simple - it attaches using a tiny screw in the side of the knob (just above the flange).

What you need to do is get a precision (ie small, about 3mm wide accross the tip) flat-blade screwdriver and firstly un-tighten the screw to loosen it, slide the knob on (make sure the pointer lines up with the number it was on before it came off or you'll have to do it again), and get it to about 2mm above the face of the 201 and re-tighten with the screwdriver, done! ;)

Fogflip
Gear: voyager, MOOG LP II, virus TI, Jupiter 6, Monome 256, 2006 fender American strat, thingamakit, casio sk1, motu ultralite mk3, cp-251.

Post by Fogflip » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:03 am

Thank you that was very simple and i looked at that screw for a while as well haha it just didn't click. So much easier to turn now lol.
Take it sleazy

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:54 am

No worries :D
Yeah when I got mine the knob was loose too, I thought there was something wrong with the actual pot selector, but one tighten later and much better - they do seem to loosen over time with use.