Roland JP-8000 reboot

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Alex E
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Jupiter-6, Juno-60, Polysix, Emulator II, DX7, QX1, Arp Odyssey MKII, ESQ-1, Miami, M1r, Live 9, iMac MC309XX/A

Roland JP-8000 reboot

Post by Alex E » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:32 am

I replaced the battery in mine this afternoon, and LFO 2 and the ribbon controller aren't working as they should. I heard when replacing the battery you may need to do a key combination on startup. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject? :( I've already done a factory reset several times.
soundcloud.com/vectron

manmade

Re: Roland JP-8000 reboot

Post by manmade » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:33 pm

http://www.rolandus.com/products/produc ... ductId=261

Rom Update...

Reset Pitch Bender and Ribbon Controller Procedure:

1) Turn on power while holding [OSC2 SYNC], [-12dB/-24dB] and [FILTER TYPE] to enter Test Mode. Wait until display
indicates "[1] MIDI Test."
2) Press the [3] button to display "[3] Bend Mod."
3) Push the bender lever left fully and gradually return it to the center. Press [LOWER].
4) Push the bender lever right fully and gradually return it to the center. Press [UPPER].
5) Push the bender lever to the MOD position and then gradually return it to the original position. Press [KEY MODE].
6) When the '*' appears on the display, press [UP].
7) From the previous display, press [4] to display "[4] Ribbon."
8) While pressing down on the left edge of the ribbon controller, press [LOWER].
9) While pressing down on the right edge of the ribbon controller, press [UPPER].
10) While pressing down on the center of the ribbon controller, press [KEY MODE].
11) When the '*' appears on the display, press [UP].
12) Turn off the power of the JP-8000.

Use the following procedure to reset the JP-8000 to factory settings:

1) Turn on the power of the JP-8000. The unit may display "Memory Damaged."
2) While holding [SHIFT], press [INIT/UTIL].
3) Press [INIT/UTIL] repeatedly to select "INITIALIZE WRITE."
4) Use the [UP / DOWN] buttons to select "FACTORY PRESET," then press [WRITE]
Roland V-Synth GT,Juno-2,D-50,JD-800,JP-8000,JX-8P,JX-305,VS-1680(2 x VS8F-2).Clavia Nord Lead 2,Nord Lead 3. Alesis ION.Korg Radias (kb),Z1,Trinity plus,Karma,DW-8000.Novation Supernova II pro (kb).Waldorf MicroWave XT.Yamaha DX7 II FD, DX21.Ensoniq SQ1+

Alex E
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Jupiter-6, Juno-60, Polysix, Emulator II, DX7, QX1, Arp Odyssey MKII, ESQ-1, Miami, M1r, Live 9, iMac MC309XX/A

Re: Roland JP-8000 reboot

Post by Alex E » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Thanks SO much! Everything is working great now! :D
soundcloud.com/vectron