Korg Prophecy output jack replacement

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
man-009
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Man-009

Korg Prophecy output jack replacement

Post by man-009 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:27 am

picked up a Korg Prophecy for only $150. listened to the synth with head phones and sounded great and all functions worked 100%. spent an hour doing so, and so i bought it from the guy. took it home and plugged it in with the output jacks and the output jacks are hit or miss it seems. depending if you touch and move the cord around it works. now i know why i got a great deal!!..lol. still a good deal i think but i never replaced output jacks before. is it a hard fix? and any help as to what to do and how to go about this. should i try it or get a pro? thanks. ps.... did i get ripped off you think?

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Re: Korg Prophecy output jack replacement

Post by Hybrid88 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:52 am

Does it completely cut out or just crackle?

If it cuts out I'd bet more than likely it could be a bad solder joint to the circuit board, if you haven't used a soldering iron before, take it to a tech, should be a simple job, and shouldn't take long at all to do. :)

man-009
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by man-009 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:00 am

that is good news! thanks.

cornutt
Gear: 6th

Post by cornutt » Fri May 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Given the age of that synth, it could just be that the jack contacts are dirty. Plug and unplug the headphones about 10 times and see if that helps any. If it does, you might want to try spraying the jack with some contact cleaner.
Switches, knobs, buttons, LEDs, LCD screens, monitors, keys, mice, jacks, sockets. Now two joysticks!

man-009
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by man-009 » Sat May 08, 2010 12:04 pm

cleaned them with deoxit before i even tried them out. same issue. will bring to a tech. thanks.

Floss

Post by Floss » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:35 am

I have the exact opposite. I hear sounds going through my preamp. But the Delay, and flanger are outputting harsh white noise. Anyone have an Idea? is this part of the Jack too? same issue on headphones as well