Technology Transplant Question

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Ned Bouhalassa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: A new German poly monster, an old BBC Brit, a vintage poly beast from NY, someone's older relative from NC, and Eurolicious patchables.

Technology Transplant Question

Post by Ned Bouhalassa » Thu May 27, 2010 7:49 pm

I ordered and paid some parts for one of my synths yesterday from technologytransplant.com, but never got an email confirmation. Later in the day, I used their online email software to inquire, but have yet to receive any communication. Does anyone have experience with them? Is this normal? Anyone have a phone number for them?

Thanks for any insight. :)
My music: soundcloud
My analog synth videos nedonanalog
More about me: Mostly Human Music

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Re: Technology Transplant Question

Post by Z » Thu May 27, 2010 7:57 pm

They're a bit slow on communication, but I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with them. Just be patient.

Ned Bouhalassa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: A new German poly monster, an old BBC Brit, a vintage poly beast from NY, someone's older relative from NC, and Eurolicious patchables.

Post by Ned Bouhalassa » Thu May 27, 2010 8:02 pm

WHADDAYA MEAN, BE PATIENT??????!!!!!!

Sorry, that's the coffee talking. ;-) Your confirmation is all I needed, thanks.

schmidtc

Post by schmidtc » Thu May 27, 2010 11:46 pm

I had a similar experience ordering from them. 3 weeks later I got an empty envelope from hong kong and all my 808 parts had spilled out somewhere around the world in transit. I emailed and explained. They got back to me pretty fast and were very cool about it, I had replacement parts about 2 weeks later.

pricklyrobot
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by pricklyrobot » Fri May 28, 2010 12:10 am

Never needed to e-mail them, but I've ordered 2 or 3 things from them with no problems.
Arturia MiniBrute -- bits o' Euro -- Sammich SID -- E-mu MP-7 -- Korg ER-1 -- Thingamagoop

Ned Bouhalassa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Ned Bouhalassa » Fri May 28, 2010 1:53 am

I think what's a bit surprising is that I can't recall the last time that I ordered something online and didn't get any confirmation by email.

cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Post by cartesia » Fri May 28, 2010 2:36 am

sometimes they dont send confirmation until the order is processed and ready to ship

snod_donkey
Gear: Moog Minimoog - SCI Pro-One - Roland Sh-101 - Yamaha XS6 - Oberheim OB-Xa - Roland TD8 - Evans super Echo Tape Loop - Memeory Man Deluxe

Post by snod_donkey » Fri May 28, 2010 12:59 pm

I have used them before and had no problems. Just ordered som parts this week too. I normaly contact them through there ebay account and get a reply - chipforbrains

wjmwpg
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: LoveRock, T40, MG500, JX10 4.0, D-50, Juno 60, VZ10M, CZ1, HT6000, K3m, SX240, Lambda, DSS1, Yamaha SY2, DX11, SQ80, MultiTrak, SammichSID
Band: Gospel Choirs

Post by wjmwpg » Tue May 03, 2011 4:03 am

I was just about to order a new set of pots for my Jupiter 6 from Technology Transplant, when I came across this thread:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... eware.html

. . . so now I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that they've dealt with Technology Transplant recently (very recently) with any success?

Also, can anyone tell me where else I might be able to buy (minimum 3, maximum 14) Jupiter 6 100k rotary pots?

Cheers,
James
:help:

And perhaps I should add that if any of you have 3 extra JP6 rotary pots you'd be willing to part with I could definately take them off your hands and put them to good use! :)

bochelli
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: minimoog polymoog memorymoog multimoog micromoog minitmoog and tons more.

Post by bochelli » Tue May 03, 2011 11:54 am

I ordered a full set of sliders ect for 1 of my Moog Liberations, took about 6wks but arrived ok goods perfect, i thought they were lost in post not to be, not used the parts yet they are here in front of me in the mailer, i see a fax number on the invoice here it is, 1-4052770889. hope it helps.Almost sure you will be ok, im ordering another Liberation set shortly and a Rogue set.
yamoto773

snod_donkey
Gear: Moog Minimoog - SCI Pro-One - Roland Sh-101 - Yamaha XS6 - Oberheim OB-Xa - Roland TD8 - Evans super Echo Tape Loop - Memeory Man Deluxe

Post by snod_donkey » Tue May 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Ibought some parts through ebay, little slow on delivery and hard to get replies to messages but they did arrive