Best MIDI option for Moog The Source

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
phoenix224

Best MIDI option for Moog The Source

Post by phoenix224 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:29 am

Hello,

I understand that the Source is fairly easily MIDI adaptable, but I could use some help figuring out the best option to go with.

I'm thinking I will likely go with the Kenton Pro Solo mk II, since it doesn't involve modifying the internal components of the Source (I'm not the type to get involved with soldering, and this synth was just recently restored by Ears Audio, so I'm not going to mess with it).

The question is how does the Kenton MIDI to CV converter rate for use with the Source? I'm using Ableton Live 8 as the host. Is it possible to get this from a US dealer, or do I have to deal with Kenton directly?

Thanks.

Overgear
Gear: AX-73, S3000, MFC42, K5000R, K4r, K1, Nord 3R, MKS-50, Juno-106, JP-8000, CS-10, CS-15, TVS-1, PP SEM(x2), Rogue, Source, Pro-One, P-600, Mopho

Re: Best MIDI option for Moog The Source

Post by Overgear » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:35 am

Worked fine for me on the Pro2k. Check w/ audioMIDI. I wouldn't recommend mods. That's just me, though.