SH-101 pitch bend. Issue?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
SickMonkey

SH-101 pitch bend. Issue?

Post by SickMonkey » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:32 am

(Posted this before, but it seems it got lost in the forum crash.)

Just what is the maximum pitch bend range on a Roland SH-101 supposed to be? I have two 101's, and they have completely different ranges. Also, their range upwards is not the same as their range downwards. They're still centered though, in the way that if you leave the pitch bend at its middle position and fiddle with the range fader the pitch stays the same.

I've opened them up (both had glitchy power switches that needed replacing), but couldn't see any way to adjust the pitch bend (unlike the SH-09 and SH-2, which both have trimmers for this). There's a trimpot near the bender, but it only affects LFO offset.

I'm not even sure this is a problem. Maybe they're supposed to be like this. How do Yours work?

SickMonkey

Re: SH-101 pitch bend. Issue?

Post by SickMonkey » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Nobody has a SH-101?

schmidtc

Post by schmidtc » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:36 pm

I don't remember there being a trimmer for the pitch bend. Have you checked the resistance from center to both legs of the bend pot? I'd guess the center pin on the pot should send volt per octave.

snod_donkey
Gear: Moog Minimoog - SCI Pro-One - Roland Sh-101 - Yamaha XS6 - Oberheim OB-Xa - Roland TD8 - Evans super Echo Tape Loop - Memeory Man Deluxe

Post by snod_donkey » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:42 pm

There is no trimmer and pitch bend up and down can be over an octave if the bender vco slider is fully up

SickMonkey

Post by SickMonkey » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Ah well. I guess that trimpot is another one of the corners Roland cut when they made the SH-101, then...
I'll check the resistances later.