chimera buying problem.

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
goofy priest

chimera buying problem.

Post by goofy priest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:57 am

i'm not sure this is the right area for this....

so many people have had serious issues with chimera. myself included. could i request that the chimera info be taken off the site? i don't think people should be promoting him.

sequentialsoftshock
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Pro~One, MS20, MPC60, Aalto, Volca Beats, Volca Keys, Beatstep, Casio MT18, BitOne (sorta), Circle, Orbit 3, K5, Stylos, Univox Hi Flier, iPad
Band: Echo & Liora

Re: chimera buying problem.

Post by sequentialsoftshock » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:12 am

I've been trying to order a Prophet T8 from Sequential for the past five years to no avail, can we remove them too?!

It's not promotion, it's being a thorough resource for current and past synthesizers. He may not ship quickly, but he has shipped some units, therefore making it deserve a place here. ;)
bonne chance

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:25 am

Yeah VSE isn't about promotion, it's about education.

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:55 am

There's already quite a bit of info about the difficulties of actually obtaining Chimera gear in existing threads. They're not the only vendor that has issues with good customer service.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

goofy priest

Post by goofy priest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:51 pm

it's not the difficulty in getting a unit. if he wants to take five years to deliver that's his business. it's the false promises. he accepts cash with the promise of delivery. then he refuses to refund. at what point does that become unacceptable? six months? a year? two years?

i appreciate this site is not for promotion. but the synth community is relatively small. it would be nice to have some community support. i know when i saw his synth reviewed on this site it made me feel he was a legit operation.

novielo
Gear: in order of appearence:
sh2000 s612 nord modular mpc1000 kp3 ms-something cp-251 gameboy s6000 and other crappy stuff
Band: one-man band
Location: by the river, st-jerome, quebec, canada, north america

Post by novielo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:09 pm

well, i did the review. i'm maybe the exception but for me it took 3 weeks to get mine. i paid thru yahoo or google.
for how long are you waiting?
-Save yourself the time and have a conversation with a plastic chair. -RobotHeroes

th0mas
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: oakley tm3030/mopho keys/midibox sid/tr-707/tama techstars/monotron
Band: GRAVITRONIC

Post by th0mas » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:15 pm

His business practices are definitely shoddy, he shouldn't be accepting money so far into advance.

I'd think it'd be reasonable to reference the complaint threads or at least mention them in the synth review because the reality is if you buy from chimera you are going to experience completely random shipping (maybe tomorrow, maybe years later).

sequentialsoftshock, does Sequential have your money paid in full for the synth they haven't delivered?

goofy priest

Post by goofy priest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:38 pm

i've been waiting about 6 months.

i read comments from others who have been waiting for two years. ben keeps promising the units are shipping but they never do. when i found out noisebug is selling them i really got angry. he's ignoring paid up customers and shipping to stores.

i have made three unanswered requests for a refund over a three month period. i contacted paypal and amex but so far there is little they can do. so i've taken it on myself to try and prevent him from continuing to screw people over.

krzeppa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Where the Embers Fall

Post by krzeppa » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:46 pm

goofy priest wrote:i've been waiting about 6 months.

i read comments from others who have been waiting for two years. ben keeps promising the units are shipping but they never do. when i found out noisebug is selling them i really got angry. he's ignoring paid up customers and shipping to stores.

i have made three unanswered requests for a refund over a three month period. i contacted paypal and amex but so far there is little they can do. so i've taken it on myself to try and prevent him from continuing to screw people over.
This is one of the main reasons I stayed awayed from Chimera. I was looking into it about a year ago, but I saw how people were waiting for inordinate amounts of time to get the synth....if they got it at all. I think it is that whole buyer beware thing! If thorough research is done beforehand, you will see these problems arise. VSE is a good starting point to read up on a synth, but I think you have to dive much deeper in your research if you are shell out that kind of money for something. There are tons of posts/threads here and elsewhere which have complained about the problem. He may be a poor businessman, but as consumers, we need to do our due diligence before blindly hand over cash for something.

goofy priest

Post by goofy priest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:57 pm

you're right. but i thought since i used paypal and amex i was safe. i learnt this is not true. beware.

but the good news is ben just refunded me.

it took a lot of effort. the squeaky wheel gets the grease. what a drag though. it's my first bad experience in the modular synth world.

krzeppa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Where the Embers Fall

Post by krzeppa » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:01 pm

goofy priest wrote:you're right. but i thought since i used paypal and amex i was safe. i learnt this is not true. beware.

but the good news is ben just refunded me.

it took a lot of effort. the squeaky wheel gets the grease. what a drag though. it's my first bad experience in the modular synth world.
well, I'm glad to hear that after all the pain, headaches, and torture you finally got your money back! :)

sequentialsoftshock
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Pro~One, MS20, MPC60, Aalto, Volca Beats, Volca Keys, Beatstep, Casio MT18, BitOne (sorta), Circle, Orbit 3, K5, Stylos, Univox Hi Flier, iPad
Band: Echo & Liora

Post by sequentialsoftshock » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:12 pm

th0mas wrote: sequentialsoftshock, does Sequential have your money paid in full for the synth they haven't delivered?
No, I sent them a film poster for Entrapment with Catherine Zeta Jones on it, since she's apparently the female equivalent to a T8. She also signed it. I thought that would be good down payment, but apparently not. :?
goofy priest wrote:you're right. but i thought since i used paypal and amex i was safe. i learnt this is not true. beware.
PayPal has a forty five day limit and I believe AmEx and other card companies have a sixty day limit.
bonne chance

th0mas
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: oakley tm3030/mopho keys/midibox sid/tr-707/tama techstars/monotron
Band: GRAVITRONIC

Post by th0mas » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:39 pm

goofy priest wrote:i've been waiting about 6 months.

Last time I heard these threads he was at least refunding people on demand. That really sucks. Good luck. Try getting a phone number and calling him maybe?

novielo
Gear: in order of appearence:
sh2000 s612 nord modular mpc1000 kp3 ms-something cp-251 gameboy s6000 and other crappy stuff
Band: one-man band
Location: by the river, st-jerome, quebec, canada, north america

Post by novielo » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:15 am

when i bought mine i gave it a go because with google/yahoo (i don't remember exactly wich one) payment the seller must ship withing 30 days. before he went that way i did not order because i didn't want to be screwed. nice little modular but in the end i sold it.
-Save yourself the time and have a conversation with a plastic chair. -RobotHeroes

skweeegor

Post by skweeegor » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:33 am

I don't understand people like this; I get stressed out if I owe a friend 5$.