Dead Jup 6

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Ianh

Dead Jup 6

Post by Ianh » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:42 pm

I have a jupiter 6 none of the sliders are working but it turns on. Does any one know what the problem could be? Is it work investing in?

tim_m
Gear: Access Virus KB (x2), C
Akai AX-80
Juno-60
Ensoniq SD-1
Electribe ESX
Lots of guitars
Band: Trace-on.

Re: Dead Jup 6

Post by tim_m » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:31 pm

I saw that too on CL. I've been really torn about whether to get it and fix it, but I've already bought one 61 key poly synth this week! The guy said that no sound comes out, since the volume control is broken, and he can't tell whether the presets work, but the power does work.

snod_donkey
Gear: Moog Minimoog - SCI Pro-One - Roland Sh-101 - Yamaha XS6 - Oberheim OB-Xa - Roland TD8 - Evans super Echo Tape Loop - Memeory Man Deluxe

Post by snod_donkey » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:49 pm

Thats a bit vague! Apart from turning on what does it do? any sound out of it?

Ianh

Post by Ianh » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:54 am

Yeah i haven't heard back from him. I asked him how it came to be broken. I mean if its some bad joints or something I'd buy it and fix it up. But if a bunch of the chips are fried i wouldn't be able to afford to fix it up. I'll see if he gets back to me.

tim_m
Gear: Access Virus KB (x2), C
Akai AX-80
Juno-60
Ensoniq SD-1
Electribe ESX
Lots of guitars
Band: Trace-on.

Post by tim_m » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:44 pm

Ianh wrote:Yeah i haven't heard back from him. I asked him how it came to be broken. I mean if its some bad joints or something I'd buy it and fix it up. But if a bunch of the chips are fried i wouldn't be able to afford to fix it up. I'll see if he gets back to me.
While it's still listed, I'm going to guess that a Jupiter 6 for $300 is long gone! I happened to be on Craigslist when he listed it, and emailed him right away. This is what he wrote back to me when I asked about whether sounds comes out, or whether the presets work:
No sound and that is because the volume button is damage. I am not sure about the presets.
If I had the space and $300 I would have instantly bought it...I even thought about quickly selling some items, but I was stuck at work.