Alesis MMT8 bpm problem

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Alesis MMT8 bpm problem

Postby omvibes » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Alesis MMT8. It seems that its bpm reading is not correct, i.e. you set it to for example 120, and it is somewhere around 118bpm. Its been checked against a computer, metronome etc, and there is definitely an issue (even with my possibly dodgy rhythmic playing!)

My set up is: Nord electro 3 controller out to the MMT8 (powered by a generic adaptor), then back into a Midi Solutions router, splitting the signal (as per keyboard split set-up) to the NE3 and a Creamware Minimax.

Anyone come across this before, or can tell me what the problem might be? Don't want to really retire the unit, as its a joy to use, apart from the bpm issue.

Thanks for your help! OM
omvibes

Gear: Electro 3 73, Creamware Minimax, Virus KC, D50, Novation Nova, MMT-8, Moog Liberation, Elka DMP-18 foot pedals. Many others have come and gone...

Re: Alesis MMT8 bpm problem

Postby krzeppa » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:42 pm

I think this is a common problem with these machines. The only thing I can think of doing is to set it up as a slave to your whatever DAW you are using on your computer. I have a similar issue with my Roland Fantom FA-76.
krzeppa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Band: Where the Embers Fall

Re: Alesis MMT8 bpm problem

Postby nathanscribe » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:30 pm

I think you'd have a hard time getting any two different units to be exactly in time for any given nominal BPM. The only way to get them running together is to sync them.
nathanscribe
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Return to HELP!